An Awesome Message

I got the BEST message on my voice mail yesterday...the only thing better would have been to actually get the call myself. It was from my friend Heidi, and she is HOME FROM IRAQ!!!!!
Welcome home, Heidi. I am so glad to have you back safe and sound. The sacrifice you have made for our country--being away from your husband and daughter all this time, the terrible things you've had to see and with which you have had to deal on a daily basis--makes me cry. All of the lives that have been sacrificed--not just the men and women who have died, but those who have given away any part of their lives for this war--deserve our thanks and our praise. Thank you, Heidi, for making that sacrifice.
I am so glad that you are home, Heidi. I can't wait to be done with exams and back in Utah so that I can see you. I have missed you so much. I love you, and god, I am so proud of you.
I'll see you soon, my friend.


1 Comments:
AWESOME!!!! Glad to hear it. Tell her that the Kistlers say "HI!" and "WELCOME HOME!" (and then explain who the Kistlers are when she says "Who the hell is that?") :)
She's a brave woman. I have a hard time just finding the courage to face what I find in Jack's diaper in the morning, let alone everything she has been through. Welcome Home Heidi! We hope you're home for good!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home