525,600 minutes
There are a few of you, my friends, to whom I owe an apology. I ran out of minutes on my cell phone right around Christmas, and so I wasn't able to call some of you--Ronja, I know, especially, was expecting a call from me--and then I started school again right after new years, so I haven't had time to make those long expected phone calls. I PROMISE to call this weekend. I was thinking, as I listened to RENT around the holidays, that their Seasons of Love song, with the 525,600 minutes part would be a really great commercial for T-mobile or some other cell phone company offering unlimited minutes, but the blasphemy of actually commercializing the song in that way was more than I could bear to think about for too long. Sorry to share the blasphemy, and I'll probably burn in hell for even thinking such a thing--add it to my list of offenses.
My cat, Moose, had to be shaved this week. Not to gross anyone out, but he had shit stuck to his ass, and he wouldn't let me clean it off for him. He stunk something terrible--a few of you can attest to this--and he was very self-conscious about it. To be honest, I don't know if I've ever seen him so sad. Last year, when I had him shaved, I thought he was going to die, because he just laid on my bed and didn't move for like 4 or 5 days, but that was really nothing compared to how sad (and grumpy) he was when he knew he stank like shit. So, he had to be shaved. I was only planning on having his butt shaved, but the lady at Petsmart made me feel like an evil mommy for letting him have such terrible matts in his fur (?) and for never having had him deep conditioned before. (Downright kitty abuse, I guess). So, he got the full lion shave again. He's taking it much better this time--I think he's just so happy to be rid of the eternal stench.


1 Comments:
Awww... poor Moose! Give him a cuddle for us. My kitties still think he's the hottest Tom Cat on the block. :)
I got your xmas letter back in the mail - apparently some silly bitch forgot to put the apartment number on it. (Can't imagine who that could have been, but there's this weird redhead prowling around lately.. coulda been her fault.) *whistling innocently*
I'll just email the damn things, and if you want hard photo copies let me know and I'll resend snail mail.
Love you, baby! Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home