Geek Journal Update: Yes, Another One!
When I first moved here, it was nearly summer. I started right away putting out bird feeders and birdseed, but, honestly, the best time to "advertise" is early in the spring. That's when the birds are looking for a good place to settle down for the year. As I got a late start last year, I kinda just got the birds that everyone has--even if they don't know it: house sparrows, house finches, robins, and starlings. As the year went on, I was able to get a few more varieties, and the geek journal updates were born. =)
Now that it's spring, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to attract (to me) and report (to you) many more bird varieties. Today I have two new birds to report.
You may think that a sparrow is a sparrow is a sparrow, but 'tis not true!
Presenting: American Tree Sparrows


Presenting: White Crowned Sparrows


I also want to give credit to Daniel Cadieux. I found his site while searching for pics of these birds on google, and I am using three of his picutres. If you're a bird geek, like me, you'll want to check out his site here. He has amazing and lovely shots of many different birds.
Cheers!


3 Comments:
These updates are rad! Thanks for the info.
I've noticed that the birds at my feeder have stopped coming around the last couple of weeks or so. Before that, I had Yellow Rumped Warblers and Finches every day. I'm not sure where they went, but it was like, as soon as all the flowers started coming out, they were gonners. Do you know why this is?
I did see two robins our there yesterday, but that's it.
I love that you have so much love for birds. I never understood how you could name the birds that came around and THEN keep track of them and the generations that came after. It's quite a gift and I'm glad it brings you so much happiness!
ahem... aren't you forgetting something? Perhaps a special entry into the journal or something.
SSFB
Post a Comment
<< Home