Monday, January 16, 2006

People don't care how much you know....

My grandmother used to always get mad at me for bragging. I still don't think it was really very fair. She would ask me something like, "How's school going?" and I'd tell her, "I've got all A's." or something like that. This report would ALWAYS be followed by the following comment: "People don't know how much you know until they know how much you care."
So, a warning in advance: If you don't know how much I care about you, get the hell off of my blog NOW!!! because I'm about to brag, and god-forbid you hear something good about me from me. For those of you who do know that I care about you, and who actually care about me too, I know that you know how much I struggled with my studies last semester. It was a tough semester, and I was even getting my first F ever--in Pharmacology. I am pleased to report that an incredible amount of studying and a tutor in Pharm paid off, and I came out of the semester with all A's and B's.
So far this semester, I haven't wanted to do a damn thing--I guess I'm a little burned out from my miraculous feat, but I've got quizes coming up this week, so my little hiatus is going to have to come to an end.
I have started shadowing a Dermatologist this semester--once a week for 4 hours or so. It's been a pretty good experience, and if nothing else it's shown me that I don't think I want to go into derm. (Sorry to those of you who were hoping to get free acne meds from me in the future). I don't think I would be able to spend my life shaving moles and warts off of people. There is a resident at this office right now, who has informed me that it was a mistake for me to get married this year. "Now, WHEN you get divorced, your husband can say that he helped you through school, and he'll get half of what you have plus half of all of your future earnings." The resident has a much wiser plan. "I'm not getting married until after I'm done with my residency. That way WHEN I get divorced, she can't say she helped me with anything, and she isn't entitled to anything of mine." I told him my master plan was to not get divorced. He didn't say anything. He probably thinks I'm pretty stupid, and whatever, that's cool. I'd rather just let him think that. I don't want to go to the trouble of letting him know how much (or how little) I care....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home