Monday, January 05, 2015

Books Read in 2014

Here is a list of the books I read/listened to on audiobook in 2014:

1)  Ship of Theseus
2)  The Interestings
3)  Outlander
4)  Life of Pi
5)  1491
6)  What to Remember When Waking
7)  Alice I Have Been
8)  Ender's Game
9)  The Map of Time (read it twice)
10)  Speaker for the Dead
11)  Lavinia
12)  The Fault in Our Stars
13)  Splintered
14)  A Good and Useful Hurt
15)  The Cuckoo's Calling (reread)
16)  The Silkworm
17)  The Bird Sisters
18)  Journey to the Center of the Earth
19)  War of the Worlds
20)  Everything that Remains
21)  The Map of the Sky (read it twice)
22)  The Book Thief (reread)
23)  Xenocide
24)  Simplicity
25)  The Kill Order
26)  The Maze Runner
27)  Beethoven's Shadow
28)  Wild
29)  Picture Dictionary
30)  ā€œSā€
31)  Dragonfly in Amber
32)  Night Film
33)  When the Heart Breaks
34)  A Brief History of Time
35)  The Last Unicorn (reread)
36)  The Snow Queen

2015 sees me reading first: Alan Turing: The Enigma.  I am reading this because of The Imitation Game which I have seen in theaters twice already.  I feel really cheated that I didn't learn about this man when I was growing up, and especially that I didn't even know anything about him until this movie was made.  I hate jumping on the band-wagon when it is already full.  It's one of the things in my life that I really try to avoid doing--to the point that I would almost always rather hate the thing that everyone else is raving about than admit that I might like it even a little bit.  Alas, Alan Turing was such an amazing human being (and Benedict Cumberbatch did such an amazing job playing him in the movie), that I MUST (against my will) love him. 

I would also like to reread the Harry Potter series this year, and will likely also reread  The Book Thief (since it's my favorite).  The Map of Chaos gets translated into English this year, and so I will likely read H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man and perhaps also reread The Map of Time and The Map of the Sky before I read that one. 

If you have any recommendations for my 2015 reading list, let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger Green Giant said...

Well done reading and re-reading 35 books last year! I'm so impressed that you always have something new and fascinating you're reading / listening to. -Kjersti

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Sarah S said...

We have a couple matches, including Lavinia!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home