Highlights!
Highlights of the last week (in no specific order):
1. Getting to go to dinner at RedRock with Special-K and the sisters and husbands. I always love getting together with awesome people, and if those people also happen to be a part of my family, how lucky am I? I also can't stop thinking about the Macadamia Nut Encrusted Salmon with Champagne Sauce that I had. Amazing.
2. Getting kissed on the eyebrow by a mosquito and the nice shiner I received as an afterglow gift. (Hey it's not as bad as West Nile Virus or maggots in the ear, is it?)
3. Getting to FINALLY see some pictures from Wes and Elisabeth's wedding. (Kitty rocks for staying up to post these the other night, and Wes and Elisabeth rock for getting married).
As an aside, I want to officially publicly thank Elisabeth for the birthday gifts she sent home with little Momma for me. You're so thoughtful, Sis! I can't believe that on top of planning and executing a gorgeous wedding you had time to pick out salmon recipes and jewelry for me! Thank you so much, and I love everything you sent! I'll let you know when I get a chance to try the recipes.
4. Opening a box of Annie's Mac and Cheese and finding not one, but two (TWO--ah ah ah) packages of cheese inside! How freaking cool is that?
5. Finding out that I didn't have to manually disimpact my patient's rectal vault today, cuz the stool softeners I gave her yesterday actually worked! (Hey, it's the little things in life that make all the difference!)
6. Getting to watch the 4x100 meter mens swimming relay. HELLO! It's men like these that make our country great! If you didn't get a chance to see this, you've GOT TO SEE THIS!
**go here: U.S. men win 4x100m free relay to see the amazingness.
7. Getting to witness Isaac hold up one of Danae's shirts to his chest as though he were looking to see how it would fit him and saying, "Oh, cute!" What a priceless moment!
It's been a pretty sweet week!
Cheers.


6 Comments:
Wow, Wes got married!?!? Tell him congrats! (And if you feel like sending pictures...)
Hanna1
I love your posts, its a great way to be apart of our life, if only from a distance. The story of the maggots made me ill, but your little house and garden are fabulous.
How dare a mosquito bite you! That is some shiner. I would make up a really good story to go with it!
Love you
How long are you going to have that shiner? I guess you might not want to come down here this weekend anymore. If you do, I still need to try some of that mac you mentioned. :P
Allie! That bite looks really painful! I swell up really bad when they bite me too. I had fun at dinner with you too, and I am sorry it took so long to get those pictures posted, but they are finally up now! :) Love you! (Even though you didn't call me back after you talked with Kjersti yesterday!)
I know what you mean about Isaac saying and doing cute things. He is the definition of precious, and is my BEST grandson.
Glad those stool softeners worked, huh?
What did your patients think when they saw your eye? Maybe that you were the one who needed the doctor!
Love you.
Put some ice on the shiner... you'll be fine, but think of a better story to tell you patients ie saving saving 10 nuns from a flaming wreck.
I love stool softners! I have found the most luck with lactulose, that some powerful stuff. After a day of unsuccessful softners I always resort to enemas (soapy suds works best) prior to manual disimpaction, its a great way to procrastinate!
SSFB
Post a Comment
<< Home