Whirlwind
The last few weeks have been like a whirlwind to me. So much has happened--graduation, moving into a new home, getting settled, all kinds of stuff. I'm sorry that I've been a bit out of touch, and I will do my best to catch you up on the major events!
On the Thursday before graduation, we had a banquet for our class, which turned out really great, thanks to the hard work and dedication of SSFB. This banquet has been her baby for the last few months, and she put tons of time and energy into pulling it off and making it a night to remember.


The school gave out official awards at the banquet, and I came really close to taking them all, but didn't end up getting any of them! =) SSFB also put together superfluous awards, and although I lost out on "Best Looking" "Funniest" and "Best Personality" to her, I was able to take home one award, which deserves an explanation.
Remember when I made the "booby cupcakes" to raise money for breast cancer research, and this picture was taken?

Because of my hard work and dedication, I received the award: "Most Likely To Show Her Boobies For A Good Cause." Yep!
The weekend of graduation, most of my family made their way down to Nevada, and spent the day before graduation loading all of our stuff into a moving van. The weather was not on our side, as the week before it had been in the 80's, but for the graduation weekend it decided to be around 106 all weekend. Despite the heat, we managed to get everything packed, which was a relief.
Graduation was bittersweet, which was, I guess, as was to be expected. I really was so excited to graduate, and to get away from school and from Nevada, but I was very sad to be leaving the friends that I have made while I was there--especially SSFB. I really believe that she was the "reason" I was "supposed" to go to school where I did. To me, her friendship is the most valuable thing that I am taking away from my 4 years of school in Nevada. She made the tough times so much more bearable, and the smooth times so much more fun. I might have been able to make it through without her, but I wouldn't want to try! I'll miss having her just a couple of miles away, but look forward to visiting her in Michigan in the next year or so.
Graduation itself was better than I expected it to be, though it was still too long and a little boring, but aren't all graduations too long and a bit boring? I had a lot of love and support, and it meant a lot to me to have so many people show up to cheer for me.





On the evening after my graduation, I had two friends, Mike and John, who had come into town for the graduation, take Steve and me to the Cirque du Soleil show, "Love" which is the one choreographed to music by The Beatles. It was really an amazing show; very creative and full of fabulous talent. We also went to dinner at a really lovely restaurant called "Rosemary's" and the food and ambiance were wonderful.

Then came the BIG MOVE out of Nevada and in to our NEW HOME! It isn't actually officially ours--we're leasing it until everything goes through with the loan, but soon now--within a week or two--we'll be able to take the FOR SALE sign off of the lawn. I've moved past the anxiety I felt about spending that much money, and am now pure excitement when it comes to the prospect of owning this sweet home.
The move in went really well. We, again, had a lot of help from very kind family members, and even had one of our new neighbors come over to give us a hand. He and Steve have already become friends, which is great.
Here are some pictures of our home.
I'm loving being in this home. I've got my bird feeders out, and new birds are finding their way into my yard daily.
I have a 'bird log' which is a notebook in which I write the date and the new birds that I saw on that day. Today, for instance, I was excited because I saw two ringed turtle doves, which I've never seen in my yard before. I called to Steve to come and see them, but they were gone before he came. I told him, "They were ringed turtle doves! I've never had those before!" and he said, "You better write it down in your geek journal." That's right. Steve called my bird log a geek journal. Ahhh, the married life!

I love the yard, and I'm looking forward to getting some herbs and vegetables planted. There are already a few strawberry plants, and also a golden delicious apple tree. There are a couple of other fruit trees, but I don't know what they are yet!
Anyway, this post is getting way too long, so I'll let you go now. I promise to write more often so that we don't have to do these marathon catch-up sessions!
Cheers!


7 Comments:
You are by far and away the prettiest doctor of the bunch! And you can tell Steve that I like your geek journal. Even if I don't know what birds are indigenous...
Hooray....I am so happy to read about everything that has happened for your in the last weeks. All huge and I am sad I can't be there to personally witness. An I too like or geek journal, or more, I love you for your geek journal.
Hey Allie! It's been a while since I've commented here, but I wanted to say congrats on graduating and the home! It's gorgeous, and I'm slightly (understatement!) jealous. You totally deserve it, and I know how excited Kjersti is to have you home. :) Congrats again, and I hope work goes well for you!
I loved reading this blog and seeing your pictures of graduation and your new home. You have really put your personality into the way you have decorated. I love all the pictures and lighthouses in your rooms. May you always be as happy in it as you are now.
I love your new house! I think it fits you perfectly! :) Congrats again on graduating! I know how much you are going to miss SSFB, but I am really happy to have you back in Utah with me. I love you!
I am so glad we were able to come to NV to help you move... it was definitely HOT, but we wouldn't have missed it.
We also really love your new home. After your Memorial Day BBQ, Gary and I were driving through your neighborhood and he said that he could see himself living there too! LOL.
Anyway, we're so proud of you and HAPPY that you are home!
sniff, sniff...wipe the tear. Thanks a bunch for the kind words. I couldn't have explained our friendship any better, that is exactly how I feel too!
I'll talk to you soon!
SSFB
Post a Comment
<< Home