Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekend Exposure 4

The question for this week's W.E. from the bchronicles is:
What do you appreciate most about America/your home country?

This wasn't the easiest question for me to answer. The little patriot in me piped in right away, of course with words like, "Freedom!" "Choice!" "Rights!" but I'm not at a place in my journey right now where I can really feel like those words ring true. There's a lot about our country that scares me right now--especially with another election coming up. I don't know. I'm scared of what might happen. I'm afraid of the choice we have to make, and what that choice means about who we are.
With these thoughts in my mind, I went flicker and typed in my word, and this picture is the perfect representation of how I feel about, what I appreciate about, and what I hope for America.


5 Comments:

Blogger Ronja said...

Lovely Allie,

not only is this picture awesome, I think it is the best representation of the sentiments that I also share about America. And you will know what I mean, since you are one of the few who understand how I feel about this home of choice for me here...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Very nice.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afraid of the choice, eh? I'm afraid of not having a choice. Can you imagine if every four years we didn't have a choice, that makes me say YIKES!

SSFB

3:58 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

What a beautiful picture! I love this game and I'm glad I get to share insights with you and some of the others in the family.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

This seems threatening with the potential of beauty. That fits our country today.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home