Shout-Out To My Peeps: Sarah
I've been thinking for a while now that I want to try another little blog series like the Geek Journal Updates. This one is going to be called "Shout-Out To My Peeps" and in each of these shout-outs, I want to talk about someone who is important to me. I guess it won't be unlike the birthday blogs I tried to do for my family last year, which fizzled out after I missed a birthday or two. These will be random shout-outs.
So my first random shout-out is going to be to Sarah, the Lit-Chick.

Sarah and I met when I was in college. I was at the U and she was at WSU, and we met through mutual friends. I remember feeling a bit insecure around her at first, because she was at once very smart, and very cool--two states of being to which I aspired, but didn't feel like I had reached. Luckily for me, she was also very nice, and we became good friends quite easily.
Sarah is one of the smartest people I know, and I have always loved having conversations with her. We used to sit and talk for hours over coffee at "The Roast." This is probably the thing that I miss the most now that we do not live in the same city. Because she became such a good friend at a time in my life when I was really defining who I was, and she was someone that I could talk to about anything, I really feel that Sarah had quite an influence on the person that I have become. I think that it's thanks to her that I became just the right kind of feminist and just the right kind of moderate/liberal. She was an integral part of helping me get past some of the limiting beliefs and ideas that I had carried with me from parts of my past, and look to the future with out the blinders.
Sarah is also my favorite movie critic, though I don't know that I'll ever agree with her about, 28 days later, (and yes, I know I can kiss off). =) If she likes or dislikes a movie, it definitely influences whether or not I will see the movie. Sarah throws Academy Award parties every year, and I miss trying to catch as many of the Oscar-nominated flicks as we can together and then vote for our favorites at the party. I almost miss this as much as our coffee conversations. She always gives me insights into the films that I wouldn't have thought of without her. It's her literature background that makes her so freaking fabulous at reading into things.
There's so much more I could brag on about Sarah. She's lovely, she's funny, she's loyal, she's sincere...I could go on and on.
So, here's your shout-out, Sarah! Through all of the laughter and tears, the jokes and the seriousness, the lovers and the friends, the good days and the bad, the distance and the time, I hope that we will always remain friends. I wish you all the best in your life. Thank you for bringing so much good into mine.
Cheers!


5 Comments:
left a present for you on my blog :)
I can't even tell you how much this means to me. Thank you so, so much.
Yay. I love this. I completely agree that Sarah is the best movie critic and I always love when she posts about them on her blog. And to this day I am insecure around her for the same reasons that she is both very chic and very smart (hi, Sarah!).
I am glad she is your friend because then I got to meet her too.
Yeah. That's not chic smartness, ladies. It's the aura of socially awkward. :)
Hooray for shout outs! I love these! I also lurk on Sarah's blog to get movie and book opinions. I'm impressed by the things she writes that I wouldn't think of otherwise!
Post a Comment
<< Home