Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Geek Journal Update: This is why I LOVE Spring!

This is one of the reasons I love spring so much--it is the perfect time to spy new birds.
Please give a warm welcome to the yellow-headed blackbirds! I almost mistook these for hooded orioles and reported more orioles to you, but upon longer examination, the entire body is black, with a bright yellow head and breast. The hooded oriole has black wings, but the body is still yellow. Anyway, without further ado, I present to you: Yellow-Headed Blackbirds!


Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Momma said...

These are all very beautiful birds and I am excited to see them the next time I come to your house. Hopefully, they won't have moved on before then. Rumor has it that you also have seen some tanagers, so we need another geek journal update!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home