Friday, July 15, 2011

What we all love about being here...

I know that I still post like I'm on a cool vacation, and not like I live here. People don't post this much about a place they live, do they? That would be weird. I wanted to share some pics of our lives here though, and now that I have finally found a way to get them off of my camera again, let the show and tell begin!

I think Copper thinks that he has died and gone to heaven. We take him on a daily short walk to the beach, and then we throw his squeaker or a ball around for him to fetch. At first, whenever we tried to get him to go near the water, he would cower at the tiniest wave. He would run away just far enough and fast enough to keep his little paws from getting wet. I know, though, that this dog is at least part lab, and they are bred to swim, so I was persistent. One day this week, we were at the beach, when a lady arrived with two golden retrievers. She would throw her dogs' balls way out into the ocean using a chuckit (product placement below)
and they would swim out to get the balls. Copper wanted to play with them, so when they ran into the water, he ran into the water, and when they started swimming, he started swimming, and honestly, it was like a light went on in his head, and he was like, "oh, I get it. Swimming!" Pretty soon he was first one to the balls every time. He is absolutely IN LOVE with swimming.


Moose spends a great deal of his time laying on my bed and looking out the window. He likes the view, to watch the ocean and the little (and not so little) critters outside.


Bald eagles are everywhere here, and I think they are gorgeous. Moose is going to have to be an inside cat forever here though, because I've been told the eagles will come and pick up little kitties for dinner. Moose will just have to watch them through the window.


Moose also likes to chase the little critters that seem to be sharing residence with us here in the July house. When we first got here, I had a two day headache from the smell of raid in this place, and I don't know, maybe there are fewer bugs in here now than there were before the raid bombs were dropped, but we've had our fair share. This little guy wanted to help dry Steve off after his shower, and was hanging out on Steve's towel.

Oh, yeah! Check out all his majesty!
Of course, I caught this one, took some pictures, and then put him outside.

Steve and I have enjoyed the company of brothers and some new friends. I have really enjoyed the hiking and the scenery--the Mountain Yoga was great last weekend, and I plan on going again tomorrow. Here's a few more pictures to leave you with!


Perhaps in my next blog I'll pretend that I really live here and blog about work, but perhaps not. It's much nicer, don't you think, to see all these great pictures?
Cheers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kjersti said...

Wow! The pictures from your vacation are so incredible! I love the ones of Copper swimming! He looks so happy! I don't love the one of the spider so much. It looks a lot like the big cutout you used to have in the window, don't you think? Glad you're getting to spend time in such a beautiful place!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

These pictures are beautiful! (except the spider) I am glad you are having such a great vacation and I hope you had an excellent birthday!

11:19 PM  
Blogger K.J. said...

I love the picture of you and Steve in the tall greens! I enjoyed reading about your new adentures and can't wait to read your next post. I miss n love you to pieces!

12:24 PM  
Blogger gamefreak said...

Spending time with Allie is a lot of fun, but I wish I had more time with her. I sleep when everyone's awake in the morning, and I don't have a lot of time before I have to go to work at night when they get home from work. Maybe I need to switch off the graveyard shifts at work?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

Ok, so I almost wanted to cry at how happy your sweet dog must be! Copper really IS SO LUCKY! You rescued him and gave him a great home, but you guys aren't just anybody, you are like rich Daddy Warbucks and Copper is little orphan Annie!! You just gave him the world!

I love the pics and I miss you guys like crazy... but with all the critters running around up there, I think I will just stay in Utah, man! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Ummm. I'm not sure if you knew this...but that is THE FREAKING OCEAN. AND YOU CAN SEE IT FROM YOUR HOUSE. It's a good thing I just told you that, cus...uh...it's important to know how AWESOME the place you're living is. :)

Also not sure if you knew that that is a FREAKING TARANTULA. Did I even spell that right?! I don't even know!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home