Thursday, October 22, 2009

Empathy via Experience

The other night Steve and I were at the store getting groceries, when we "happened upon" the coffee/hot chocolate aisle. We noticed a new kind of Stephen's Hot Chocolate--Peanut Butter Cup!! I picked one up and put it in the cart, and Steve said something like, "I think we're going to really like that, and we're going to want another one, and there is only one more left, so we better get them both right now." He then picked up the other one and put it in the cart.

I said, "You know that feeling you had, just now? That feeling that compelled you to pick up the second hot chocolate and put it in the cart? That's the way I feel EVERY DAY."

(For evidence and further evidence of this feeling, posted earlier click the links).

Anyway, I think he understands me a little better now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

First of all, I love it when you post, because you always say something interesting. And, while I don't share your love of lotions from Bath and Body Works, two of my good friends are inclined towards that Rice Flower and Shea one, and buy it in bulk whenever it comes available. I, on the other hand, ration my Steven's hot cocoa because they don't sell it here in good ol' Oregon. Utah IS good for some things. ;)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

Abby,
No Stephens? That's a crime. We'll have to put together a care package and send some your way!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I still have two cases of Cinnamon Hot Chocolate from last winter in my cupboard.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

Hm... I'm just as guilty as Chelsee. I've got so many of them that I probably need to start chucking them out!!

I think I'd like to try the new Peanut Butter Cup flavor, though!! YUM!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home