Poll Time: Make Your Voice Heard!
We're not done done with the quilt yet, but we're done with all the pieces, and now just need to put the pieces together. Here's how it's going to look:
The challenge now, is to name the quilt. We could stick with "The Big Bang" (which I have decided could also be nicknamed "Genesis" and nick-nicknamed "Gen/Jen".
Mom, though, doesn't think the yellow spikes fit well with that name, and wants to rename it "Eclipse." I think eclipses are cool, but I don't think cheesy, poorly written vampire romance novels are cool, and I wouldn't want anyone to think that I was naming my amazon star quilt after any such novel or movie.
The third option is a bit more obscure, but I like it. In fact, it is likely that the obscurity is what makes me like it so much. I recently rewatched an animated movie that I watched all the time as a kid, "Watership Down." And I was struck by the similarity of the quilt and the illustration of the god, "Frith" in the movie, so we've played with calling it "Frith" as well.
So, let's have a vote! Should we name the quilt:
The Big Bang/Genesis/Gen
(These are computer generated pictures of what "The Big Bang" may have looked like, not actual photographs of "The Big Bang" event itself).
Eclipse


Frith

(These are computer generated pictures of what "The Big Bang" may have looked like, not actual photographs of "The Big Bang" event itself).Eclipse


Frith


I suppose I should also have a "Blank" option for write-ins, so if you think there's an even better name than one that we've considered, let us know.
Make your voice heard!
Cheers!


6 Comments:
Lovely quilt! It does look so much like the sun, so my vote is for Frith; OR: maybe the Inuit word for Sun (It could be a tribute to your time in Alaska/Sun/Art/Beauty).
Inuit Language Ideas:
Sun - Siqiniq
Sun shines v. - sikrinaktok
superior - issumatar, angayokrar
Yay! I'm excited for whatever you name it!
<3
k.
I like Genesis. It reminds me of the Genesis Project on Star Trek when it showed Genesis recreating the planet that it was used on.
It looks so good Allie!! I want one!! :) :) :)
I like Genesis too for the Big Bang. Watership Down gave me nightmares, so I vote against that one...
I've totally been looking to get my own copy of Watership Down! Hahaha! Totally on a side note - Isaac pulled out the Secret of Nyhm the other day and watched it all on his own accord without his Momma making him. It's amazing how much more sense that movie makes now that I'm an adult.
Your names are good, but I want to write-in my vote of Helios, as described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios
Love and Hugs to my Alaska Family Clan!
Wow! When I look at that quilt think of how much time it must've taken with you and Mom up there, cutting and sewing and talking and listening to books on CD. What a HUGE accomplishment! I look at that quilt and am daunted!
I love Frith.
And I also love that you clarified that your pictures from the Big Bang weren't actual pictures of the event. That made me laugh. Though it would've been pretty awesome for someone with a camera to be there to capture the beginnings of everything. Or imagine if you were there and DIDN'T bring your camera! I'm sure you'd be kicking yourself for a long time on that one!! :)
Ihave to say Firth, however the quilt top reminds me of what I imagine Northern Lights would look like. Full of joyful color.
Post a Comment
<< Home