Ummm, Has Anyone Seen April?
I'm seriously not even sure how it is possible that I have not blogged in over a month. My mom mentioned to me yesterday that I hadn't blogged since March, and I thought she was making it up. April was...good?
I went to Anchorage the first weekend in April and FINALLY took my board exam. I haven't heard yet how I did, but I think I did okay. I studied A LOT so, I'm hoping it all paid off. Boards are a bit infuriating, because no matter how much you study and prepare, you always get the questions like this:
What percentage of people in America have uncontrolled diabetes?
A. 3%
B. 15%
C. 22%
D. 47%
If you are like me, you answer 15%, because 15 is one of the LOST numbers, and you don't have any idea what the actual answer is. Why would you know the answer when you spent all your time learning how to help patients control their diabetes? How about a question about a side effect of a diabetes medication or how to start someone on insulin? How about a question about something that actually means something?
Anyway. I'll keep you posted on the results.
After the exam, The-Amazing-Wonder-Steve took me out for sushi and to see "The Hunger Games." Yes, I saw "The Hunger Games" with a belly over-stuffed with delicious food.
I want to mention that I wasn't going to see the movie, because I disliked the 3rd book so much, (Yes, I pretend that the author died before she wrote the third one and that it never existed) but because of this blogpost written by my favorite movie critic, I decided to go ahead and see the movie, and I'm glad I did.
While in Anchorage, I also visited a really great store called 'Skinny Raven' and bought...(wait for it...wait for it...) running shoes. I have decided that I am going to run--to be a runner--to be someone who likes running--or die trying. If anyone has any tips for me on how to get started and actually keep going, I'd love to hear them. I have never even liked running, and I would really like to like it. How, please?
My beautiful friend, Shavonne, had her baby girl, Madilyn, on April 27th, and so I also started piecing a new quilt in April. It's super simple, but I think it turned out really cute, and I'm excited to get it finished and sent off to her.
Here are close-ups of some of my favorite blocks.
And, some good news from work--I was officially promoted to co-medical director, and got a raise. My schedule will be changing to Monday - Thursday, and I'll have some administrative time scheduled out to do projects.
The announcement was cuter in the email that Brenda sent out, but you get the idea.
Stay tuned for more exciting updates from May!!
Cheers!




4 Comments:
Okay, so I totally feel the same way about April. I blinked and it was gone. I can't believe it is already May when it just seems like it was Christmas. Crazy! It sounds like you guys are doing well and keeping busy. Love you lots!
So good to hear from you!
As to running, so much possible advice: a. go slow and don't be hard on yourself; b. invest in gear (shoes, clothes, insoles, music players, whatever) that work for you, support you (ahem), and keep you comfortable; c. know that the first mile always sucks, all the time, for everybody, and you won't experience a "runner's high" until you can go 3-5 miles comfortably--still worth sticking with it!; d. registering for a race, any race (5K to marathon), is a great motivator to stick with a training regiment.
Last, congrats and the promotion and thanks for the shout-out! You are the awesomest bestest!
I love the quilt! I really love that chicken fabric and the cat fabric! So cute! You and Mom did such a good job of matching them to each other! I told Mom it was almost worth getting pregnant again so you'd make me one! :)
You're so busy that I hate to even ask, but can I have a quilt like that, please?!? I LOVE it! Congratulations on your promotion! I'm so glad that things are going better for you in Alaska. *HUGS*
Post a Comment
<< Home