Sunday, February 26, 2006

24 hours of wasted life....

So, Steve and I borrowed the first season of 24 from his mom because I'd never seen it and we wanted to watch it together. For those who don't know, 24 is 24 one-hour episodes that supposedly take place in a 24-hour period, so you're spending a day watching a day. Clever, I've got to give it that.
We just finished watching the last episode, and I'm seriously pissed off. It was pretty good, really, right up until the last minute of the 24th hour when the producer suddenly thinks, "Hey, I know! Let's totally shock them by killing the pregnant wife!" NOT COOL. They could have killed just about anyone else in the entire freaking show and I wouldn't have cared. I HATE that they did that, just to shock me--just to manipulate my emotions. And it was honestly in the last minute of the 24 hours--so there's no way to walk away with any sense of resolution. They just lost a viewer. Honestly, if they had left the pregnant wife alive, I probably would have watched the next 4 seasons, or however many more there are. I know the plot is a bit far-fetched at times, but it keeps you guessing and entertained. Now, I feel like the 24 hours I spent in the last few weeks watching that stupid show are totally wasted, and its a mistake I won't easily be persuaded to make again.

So, just FYI, 24 blows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

DUDE. You guys have got it ALL wrong. First of all, Allie, the pregnant wife had no redeeming qualities. She bugged me. I was sad that she died, but let's look at the bigger picture... Keifer Sutherlund. He is one fine piece of work. lol. I'm sorry you didn't like how the show ended. Gary and I absolutely love 24. We watched them all within the span of probably a month. I think you should give it one more chance!

3:01 PM  
Blogger -Wes- said...

I realized when I was just starting college that characters on tv are not allowed to be happy. If they were allowed to be happy then there would be no drama to pull in the viewer. We love to watch because most characters on television are tortured souls.

You don't meet any buddhists or stoics on T.V.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I have never seen any of the seasons of 24 but I did buy the fourth season for Gary for Christmas. However, if you want to talk about a bad t.v. series, try re-watching Hercules. That show pisses me off but I bought it and watched it with Geoffrey. The only redeeming qualities of that show was Xena... and no wonder they just gave her her own shown. Hercules blows.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home