Crazy Dreams....
On Tuesday I went to the OB/GYN for my yearly check-up. Things are looking good, except for three moles on my back that need to be checked out by a dermatologist for possibly being cancer. That blows. I guess I don't get to go tanning anymore.
I got my blood test results back too, and although they are from a year ago, which only means I was healthy last year, I am very encouraged to see that everything is normal. Anyway, just an FYI, I guess. I'm extremely healthy! (That said, the only reason I've got time to write today is because I'm puking my guts out and can't make it to school).
Anyway, Tuesday night I had two weird dreams. In one, I was at the OB/GYN, and she told me that everything was fine, but I asked for a copy of her dictated report, and in the report, she said that she had found evidence that there was a snake living inside of me. She had seen traces of snake skin that had been shed when she looked in my mouth, and when she was doing my pelvic she had noticed snake eggs in my rectum. (In real life she didn't look in my mouth or my rectum). She said in her dictation that she couldn't be sure how the snake had come to live inside of me. Her best guess is that it had crawled into my mouth when I was asleep one night. She couldn't be sure how large it had grown or how dangerous it was.
In the second dream, I was getting divorced from Steve. (He wanted the divorce, I didn't.) But on the same day that I got divorced, I married another man. The me in the dream seemed perfectly content to be married to the new guy, but the me observing the dream was thinking, "I don't want to be married to this guy! I just want to be married to Steve!" When I woke up, I looked over and Steve was sleeping next to me, and I was SO HAPPY that it was him.


3 Comments:
My mind went in a lot of different directions with these two dreams.
According to Freud (and it is always a little scarey to bring him into it), the snake in your dream, of course, is about sex. So... (read this part really fast and cover the monitor with both hands so no one will notice that your mother actually wrote it) ...that brings to mind both oral and anal sex and what your inner scientist thinks about them. (large and dangerous?)
But another way to look at a snake is a creature which can transcend and which has eternal life. It can shed its skin many times, but lives on. There is also a Biblical interpretation of a snake being a symbol of healing. Don't modern doctors have a pair of snakes as their symbol? So how could a symbol of healing and doctors and transcendance (transcending illness and the power of disease over our quality of life?) have come to live inside of you? I think it was there from the beginning and grew inside you as you grew. There certainly is healing in your mouth (words) as any one of your sisters and I could attest. You are wiser than people three times your age.
I think I will skip the snake in the Garden of Eden comparison. :)
I think the other man in your second dream is also your medical career. I think it may sometimes get in the way of your relationship with Steve. The second "man" could surely fill in the time if Steve ever left you. Your observer may perhaps be acknowledging your feelings at times that you would really rather give up your goal of becoming a doctor and just be with Steve.
You have done well at balancing your career and your relationships and I think we all admire you for that. I know at least that I do.
I love you.
Mom, you are so cute!! In my head when I read this I was just like, "Dude, Allie's weird." I could not have come up with something so beautiful and profound. I personally don't like analyzing my dreams. I think part of me is afraid to see the person I really am. I don't want to see myself that close. I am afraid that I'm not as deep or as interesting as the rest of my family.
Anyway, I meant to say I admire your ability to analyze dreams. And Allie, I would still love you if there were a snake inside your belly. (Maybe it represents a little Hanna-Christense of your own! And it's going to be a beast of a child!) LOL.
Oh, I crack myself up.
I agree with Danae. I was thinking "oh, that's weird.." and then I read mom's interpretation and it all makes sense. I definately agree with mom on all points... especially since everytime I call you, Allie, you say "What now, Kitty, what now?"
Post a Comment
<< Home