Sunday, January 14, 2007

Updates

Update on "Further Evidence":
I received a package in the mail, from my sister, Danae, today with the following letter enclosed:
"We are in receipt of your recent blog entitled "Further Evidence," dated January 3, 2007, wherein you so openly and honestly express your concerns about there being a lack of acceptable scents left in the great State of Nevada. Indeed, this epidemic seems to be spreading beyond your lovely, scorching borders. In your own words, "THE WORLD IS RUNNING OUT OF BODY SPRAY!!!!!"
In light of your current predicament, I took it upon myself to embark on a long and laborious scavenger hunt in search of your beloved "Lemongrass Sage" and "Rice Flower and Shea" scents. (Luckily for me, the firt store I went to had exactly what I needed.)
Therefore, enclosed please find the following:
--rice flower and shea - body splash
--rice flower and shea - shower gel
--rice flower and shea - body lotion
--lemongrass sage - shower gel
--lemongrass sage - body splash
We hope that these items are acceptable, and will continue to keep you smelling sweet and fresh until once again Bath & Body Works open their doors and sell these scents six months from now.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding the foregoing."

Does Danae rock or what?!


Update on "2007 Confessions: #1--I'm a hot drink whore!":
As my uncle, Alan, (Hi Alan! Great to hear from you!!) pointed out, I completely left out an entire subcategory under the "Hot Drink Accessories" category.
Here, in case you missed it, is an excerpt from Alan's comment:

"I noted you did not list a teapot in your accessories. How can you be truly slutty in hot drinks without a tea pot? Don't tell me you are microwaving your tea, you know it drives all the sacred essence from the water."

Lest you think I am indeed heating water in the microwave--zapping the organic goodness of my herbal teas with cancerous rays--I offer this new subcategory:

Category: Hot Drink Accessories

Subcategory: Preparation Devices
Tea Pots (2) one blue, one chrome
Coffemaker
Espresso Machine (not working so well lately and possibly needing to be replaced).
Coffee Grinder

The espresso machine and the coffee grinder are the very items of which I wrote in the following short story for my college creative writing class:

Their First Joint-Purchace

was an espresso machine and a coffee grinder.
He wanted to each pay half for each.
It was equal that way.
She wanted to pay for the one and let him pay for the other.
It was safer that way.


Update on "New Bedding":
Moose loves the new bedding too:Cheers for now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

I love your Mooser Kitty! It's funny because some of the apartments Gary and I were looking at for Las Vegas have a weight limit on pets of 20 lbs. Mooser is really close on this one - close to not qualifying, that is!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

Danae does indeed rock! What a sweet and creative thing for her to do! Hopefully this invalidates your scarcity issue.

I have always loved your short story poems and this is one of my favorites.

And finally, Moose cracks me up.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW. You have some well spoken family members.

SSFB

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW. You have some well spoken family members, and your not so bad yourself, Ms. its safer that way.

SSFB

10:52 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I love your sweet kitty! And that was a very nice package that Danae sent you! :)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home