Cranberries and Orange Juice
By the way,
If you feel a UTI coming on, you can take cranberry pills and huge amounts of Vitamin C, and it will often kill the infection before it gets too bad. This happens because cranberry and Vit C acidify your urine, and since the bugs that cause UTIs aren't extremeophiles, the acid in the urine kills them and you're all better.
Note: Take cranberry pills, don't just drink cranberry juice--that stuff is mostly sugar water, and you'd have to drink gallons of it to get the same effect as the pills. Also, if you take cranberry pills consistently, it protects you from getting UTIs for the same reason as above.
Just wanted to share my knowledge!


2 Comments:
It's too bad that Cranberries taste SO bad... but now that I know the juice is no good, I'll have to get a refill on my pills. :) It's so nice to have such an Older and Wiser sister.
Allie always says that girls have to help look out for one another. I love that you always share these little pieces of information with me, Allie, and I always try and pass them along too. I was also very happy to learn that Cranberry Juice doesn't help, because I think it is so gross! I am fine with the pills though.
Post a Comment
<< Home