Hearts in February--Not as cute as you might think
I started the month with a cardiology rotation. When someone asked me last month what my rotation would be this month and I told her cardiology, she said, "Hearts in February? How cute!"
Well, the rotation turned out to be a total nightmare the first few days--so much so that I ended up in the Clinical Education office CRYING (I know I cry a lot, but NEVER in a professional setting. How freaking embarrassing.) and begging them to switch me out of the rotation. I was seriously so traumatized that I haven't had a good night's sleep until last night, and I have been safely tucked away in an Internal Medicine rotation since Monday.
Anyway....Hearts in February? Not so cute. In fact....Cardiology? Not for me. In fact....if my answer to the following multiple choice question wasn't D, I think I may have dropped out of school last week. I was SERIOUSLY questioning the very meaning of my life:
Question: How much debt do you have due to student loans
A) less than $10,000
B) $10,000 - $50, 000
C) $50,000 - $100,000
D) more than $100,000
And you know what? It's all going to be okay. I have a bad day here and there, and I even have multiple bad days in a row sometimes, and it's okay. There are doctors out there that are total dicks, and I am so sorry for their patients, and I'm going to be a freaking awesome doctor someday, and I hope that will make up for the dicks--at least to the few lives that I get to touch.


6 Comments:
I am so sorry that doctor was so mean to you, Allie! You really didn't deserve that at all! I think that you are going to make an amazing doctor!
HELL YES YOU'RE GOING TO BE AN AWESOME DOCTOR! You and SSFB both will be! I'm so proud of you guys and I admire what you're doing. I can't wait until you're up here with me and I get to spend more time with you! It's gonna be awesome!
For what it's worth, in terms of student loan debt you're going to be able to pay off your exorbitant amounts better than I will. And be a fantastic doctor too!
I'm sorry things were so rough and glad you were able to get it sorted. Just remember what Miss Clarey says, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." :)
Love ya!
We're going to be $100,000 in debt? I thought that was Grant money they were giving me each semester... Holy Shit!
SSFB
I hate mean people.
(Good thing you're not one of them.)
We've already discussed this... I was SO upset I cried. NOT COOL!
Ok, so I talked to you and I'm glad you're in a better position now. And I say ditto to Kjersti's comment, you and SSFB will be SO good at whatever you decide to do.
Post a Comment
<< Home