2007 Confessions: #5--Five things you may not know about me...
Being that this is the fifth confession (as it is the fifth month) of the year, I thought it might be fun to copy Kjersti and Danae (which ACTUALLY means my brain isn't up to being TOO creative right now) and give you a list of 5 confessions--5 things that you may not know about me.
1) I do not like crunchy food. There is a distinct difference, mind you, between crunchy and crispy.
Apples are crispy = Apples are yummy.
Potato chips are crispy (and !salty! *BONUS*) = Potato chips are also yummy.
Carrots are crunchy + celery is crunchy = Carrots and celery come not near me unless they are cooked or cut up into teeny tiny pieces so as to take all of the crunch completely out of them.
Also since we're currently talking food confessions, here's your little May-Day bonus: I dislike gummy candy very much.
2) I cannot stand the sound of frosted bowls/glasses rubbing on each other. This is the classic "nails on the chalk-board" sound to me. I CANNOT STAND IT. If anyone ever needed to torture me for information, about half a second of that sound will make me do ANYTHING to get it to stop. Absolutely horrid.
3) I do not like closed doors. I especially dislike closed locked doors. (This excludes the front door, of course, which should always be closed and should almost always be locked). I try to keep every door inside my house open at all times if at all possible. This means I even *gulp* usethebathroomwiththedooropen if there are not guests in the house. The thing I hate the most about closed doors is when one is closed and locked and someone is on the other side, and I have to talk to them through the closed door. I HATE that feeling.
4) I get disproportionately insanely upset when I feel like someone is wasting my time. I think that, especially since I started med school, my time has become so amazingly precious to me, that when someone wastes my time, (someone else's fault) or when I end up spending time doing something totally pointless or meaningless (my own fault) I get amazingly angry or incredibly anxious respectively. This is ridiculous to the point that sometimes I cannot even enjoy enjoyable activities because all I can think about is all of the more important stuff I should be doing. I have to remind myself (or, more accurately, Steve usually has to remind me) that taking time for fun is important too.
5) One of the ways I can feel like I have control in my life is by reading How-to/Self-help books. I remember taking a personality test back in high school, and I was an ENFJ, and part of the description of that personality said that I was the type of person who was likely to read a how-to book about sex before ever actually trying it. I remember being embarrassed (I was reading the description with all of my girlfriends in High School) and acting like, "That is SO not TRUE about me!" But, it is true. Now, I never read any how-to books about sex, but I read how-to books and self-help books all the time. I've read many books about relationships and how to make them work, and I just today bought two books on how to get into the residency you want. I NEED INSTRUCTIONS!!! I know that I can do anything if someone will just tell me HOW to do it. If I don't have this guidance, I get anxious and scared and feel like my life is out of control, which leads to me becoming depressed and paralyzed about making decisions.
Man, I'm nuts, huh?


4 Comments:
I already knew some of those things about you. :) I am glad that you are blogging again! You had disappeared there for a while! I have never been one on self-help books. I LOVE fantasy books, and that is about it. I do have a couple though, so maybe I will give them a try.
All these things that you confess about yourself are so endearing. I can see so much of myself in my daughters just as you sometimes see some things of me in you. I hope you are not dismayed when you notice yourself being like your mother. Anyway, I tried to think of some things that I could confess, or that I could send to Post Secret, and my mind goes blank. I'll have to try and notice some things that I think no one knows about me.
I love these posts that you do, Allison. It's so fun to hear these things about you because you have it so together, it's hard to believe that little things still get to you. I knew about doors from working with you, but I had no idea about the crunchy food.
What a WEIRDO! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home