Geek Journal Update: Kodiak Chapter
This is just a quick geek journal update. I promise a more in-depth real-life update soon. This quick one is an after-work unwind while I wait for it to get dark, as there is a possibility of the appearance of aurora borealis tonight. If I get to see that, ohhh, dear internet fans, don't worry, I'll let you know.
Anyway, I know you have all been waiting with baited breath to see what new and wonderful birds I'm going to be able to geek out about. Well, wait no longer, because your first chapter of the Kodiak Geek Journal is here!
So far, I've seen:
I've also seen a number of ducks and gulls, which I have not yet classified (to be honest, when it comes to ducks and gulls, I'm less than enthusiastic about classification, I don't know why) and a few other birds that I haven't seen well enough or long enough to figure out yet. I do have a "Birds of Alaska" book now, though, and a new pair of binoculars, so I'm well on my way!
Cheers!
Cheers!









5 Comments:
Wow! I just seen a Juvenile Bald Eagle when I was in Idaho for Shantel's dance camp! I took a picture of it with my phone, but it didn't turn out very good. I was afraid it would peck me to death if I got too close! Alaska seems to be treating you good so far! Miss ya! :)
I want to see the Northern Lights too please! :) And awesome birds! I love all of them! :)
I love that you guys live with tons of bald eagles! I don't think it would ever get old seeing such beautiful birds around! Hooray for the Geek Journal: Alaska Edition!
I echo Kjersti's thoughts, Yay for the Geek Journal: Alaska Edition! Those are some pretty birds! Maybe I'd have a geek journal if I had a house and a back yard with bird baths and bird feeders... *sign*. Oh well. One can always dream!
Why was I not informed of a chance to see the Northern Lights? Oh wait, I know why. Because I sleep when you get up, I get up when you're gone, and I'm gone when you come home, and I need to rush off to work when I DO get home...which is when everyone is ready to hang out and have fun... I need a new job. :(
Post a Comment
<< Home