Sunday, June 24, 2012

As Promised: Quilting Update

 Our Amazon Star: "Frith" is on the bed, and Moose is IN LOVE with it.  I can't believe how much time he is suddenly spending on my bed!


Madilyn's baby quilt is finished, and (I think) in her crib at this very moment--this side up, and
 this minky side (SO SOFT) against little Madilyn's skin.


This is the center-piece of one of our works-in-progress.  The pattern is called PHAT Tuesday, and I think this quilt is going to be sweet.  
 It will eventually look like this (but with WAY better colors, as you can already see):


The wedding ring quilt has taken a lot of work, and it doesn't even look like we've done much with it yet, but we've worked on it FOR HOURS AND HOURS, so don't be fooled.  
 The above rings aren't laid out the way they're supposed to be, but it gives you a general idea of the way it is going to eventually look.  This has 7 different "color waves" in it, and you can see all 7 of ours in the bottom row below. 
So anyway, this is the quilt that will eventually look like this (but, again, with better colors):
We could make it with or without the flowers on the border, and if we make it with the flowers, they could be as they are pictured, or go all the way around.   I'm leaning towards leaving them off.  Opinions?

Thanks for reading receiving my show-and-tell!
Cheers!
 


3 Comments:

Blogger Darcy said...

Absolutely stunning. I don't know how you find the time to get that kind of thing done!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I LOVE the quilt on your bed!! I think you meant to give it to me!!! :) You are awesome! Love you!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

These are great, and I'm SO excited to get one of my own! You're awesome! :) (P.S., I kinda like the flowers on the last one...)

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home