Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

When I came to Alaska, I thought I would stay for years and years.  Turns out, I was wrong.  I have put in my 30-days notice, and will be moving away from Alaska and back to Utah in the next couple of months.  I have a lot of bittersweet emotions about this transition, but I think it is going to be the best thing for me in the long run. 

7 Comments:

Blogger Kae Loy said...

I have loved living with you here in Kodiak, but I also think this is the best thing for you. I support your decision and will help you all I can to get through the next couple of months. Moving itself is the worst thing about starting over -- they say it is as bad as a death in the family -- but we will get through it and life will be sweet again in time.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Bittersweet is the perfect word, because my heart breaks that Alaska wasn't the dream you imagine, but I'm also super happy that my cousin Allie will be A LOT closer & more visitable. Visitable is a word. I just made it up.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

*dream you imagined*

9:46 AM  
Blogger Dawnie said...

Sad for Alaska but SO GREAT for us in Utah!!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds complicated and I will be thinking of you. Call me, lady.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Who's B? said...

So proud of you taking this big leap. Both to Alaska, and back to Utah.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

I have never liked Alaska... it didn't deserve you! ;) I know this was a HUGE decision for you and it wasn't one you made lightly. I'm also proud of you for making the move out there, and for also deciding to come home. Doing what is best for YOU should never be something you regret. Can't wait to have you home!!!

Love you!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home