Whatcha making?
I am acutely aware that most of my posts are about animals, food, and fabric, and I apologize for that. I will work on getting a more exciting life, so that you're not so bored! =) In the meantime, here is a "Things I'm Making With Fabric" update:
I had a couple of quilts that I completed for the Bear Paw Quilters' Guild Quilt Show (yes, I'm in a quilt guild).
This one is a double wedding ring quilt, which I started making with The Little Momma before she jumped ship and swam back to Utah. We decided we wanted to finish it together, so I finished the paper-piecing, and then mailed it to her to sew all the pieces together. I have not necessarily come up with a great name for this quilt yet, so if you have any bright ideas for a quilt name, let me know!
The quilting was done by Martha Branson, a good friend of mine here on The Island.
The second quilt that I finished for the show is named "The Birds and the Bees"
| Front |
| Back |
| Bees |
| Bee |
Also, in the spirit of full disclosure, I should say that Moose did help with the binding:
I have also finished the piecing of Danae's quilt, and have sent the pieces off to The Little Momma, for her to sew together. That way, we can say that we made Danae's quilt together too!
It will look something like this once it is together. The name of this quilt is "Rainbow Bright."
Before we leave the quilting world, here is a sneak-peak of the quilt I'm making next:
And last, but not least, I have ventured out of the quilting world, and tried my skills and sewing machine at making bags. I'm working on some as Christmas gifts, and those cannot be shown here because they are A SECRET, but here are two I can show you:
This first one is the first one I made, and is going to be my new beach bag for Mexico. The main bag is just the right size for a iPad or a kindle.
This second bag was going to be for The Little Momma for Christmas, but I decided it wasn't good enough, so it is safe to show you here.
Aren't they fun?
Okay, that's enough show-and-tell for one day.
Cheers!



3 Comments:
I am continually amazed that you find the time to do so much cutting, piecing and sewing of quilts and other cute miscellaneous things for your peeps! You are such a generous and caring person, and I know this is how you show your love for family and friends. Your good heart is truly your gift and you give it beautifully.
I think your life is interesting and pretty!
Hooray, hooray! I love the bees, and I also really love your newest project! That's gonna look awesome! I'm also super excited to snuggle up to Rainbow Bright here soon! Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home