Monday, March 04, 2013

Man of La Mancha, the Afterparty, and other Weekend Happenings

Wes was in Man of La Mancha this weekend, and Steve and I were able to see it yesterday.  Wes played the priest, and one of the muleteers.  He did well in both parts.  I recorded a clip of part of one of his songs (to make my 1-second clip for the day) and thought I'd post it here for you to see how well he did:





After the show was over, Wes met us in the lobby, and said, "So, where is the after party?"
I invited him and Geoff over to our house.  What followed, was something that I can only describe as The Introvert's After Party Dream Come True:


Three introverts, on their laptops, not talking to each other.  They loved it.  (And, yes, that is MY laptop on the couch, because I was on mine too, before getting up to take the picture).
Good times were had by all.

Otherwise, this weekend I have spent all of my time listing to the unabridged audiobook, "The Brothers Karamazov" and quilting.  Here's what I've been working on:

Pillowcases:
This one is to match "Frith"
This one is to match Kjersti's quilt, "Sparkle Magic"
 Blocks:
This is for the Quilt Guild, it is a disappearing 9-patch.  This is for a service quilt that will be donated to a person in need.

This is for a Quilt-Bee that I'm in.  We each get a month to choose a quilt, (my month is April) and we each make 2 blocks for the quilt that month.  These are two block's for Tina's quilt. 
 And I also started the blocks for my quilt choice for the Bee:

Ummm, so how CUTE are these?

Also, Friday was sunny and a piping-hot 40ish degrees, so I was able to get in my first outdoor run of the year!  20 minutes running--not too shabby as there was quite a sabbatical in  between my last outside run and this one!  Here's to hoping that the weather will start cooperating more often!

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kae Loy said...

Loved the clip of Wesley's song. Wish I could hear him sing more often. I claim to be an introvert, but The Introvert's Party definitely looks boring, even to me! I love your pillowcases, especially the Sparkle Magic ones! When you sent me the picture on my phone, I couldn't see how gorgeous the rainbows of color were on the edges! Make some of those for me, please! I also really like the quilt blocks that are your guild's works in progress. So pretty! Your bird house quilt is going to be great!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I wish I could have seen Wesley's play too! Thanks for the clip Allie! I miss you guys all so much!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home