Sunday, February 10, 2013

1 second every day

One of the things I've been into lately, is a website called Kickstarter.  This is a site where people who have creative projects give you a pitch in the hopes that you would be willing to fund the creation of their project.  I love scrolling through to see what interesting ideas people have, and I have supported a number of projects. 
One of the projects that really intrigued me, and which I ended up supporting was called "1 Second Everyday App"  .  This is an application that is now available from apple thanks to this guy's creative genius.  Essentially, you record something from your life every day, and you choose 1 second of your recording to save.  At the end of the year, then, you have a 5-minute movie to watch that shows you every day of your life in the last year.  At the end of 10 years, you have a 1-hour movie about your life.  Kind of a cool concept. 
You can put in a picture as well, but so far, I have found that the 1-second of life is so much more interesting than just a picture.  You have movement and sound, which triggers memory better than just a picture. 
I got the app on the 12th of January, and since then I have only forgotten to take a video clip twice.  One thing that I have noticed, is that it makes me want to do more interesting things each day, so that I don't just do another clip of the dogs wrestling in the living room while I watch TV, you know?  It makes me go out on a walk or go to my quilting class even when I'm tired, or make plans with friends--so that I'll have a cooler 1-second video than I would have had otherwise. 
Anyway, if you go to "1 Second Everyday App" link, you can see a short video about the project.  The creator, Cesar Kuriyama, also did a TED tv talk, which you can see here. 
If any of you choose to get the app and give it a try, I'd love to hear about how you feel about it, and I'd love to see your life movie next year!

Cheers.


1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsee said...

That sounds really interesting! I think I might want to try it!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home