Sunday, May 19, 2013

How to make your husband be a pescetarian with you:

The key is to make such good meals, he never misses the meat!
Here's what's been cooking at our house:

Grilled Alaskan Halibut with Corn, Red Pepper, and Spinach
 This was a recipe I got from V.Sattui as a member of their wine club.  We made wild rice on the side, and it was delicious!  Sorry that in the picture, you can't even see the halibut for the corn and peppers!

Grilled Salmon and Linguine with Lemon-Lime Beurre Blanc
 This was another V.Sattui recipe, and it was absolutely fabulous.  Steve said, "If we keep eating like this, I will totally be vegetarian with you!"  Alas, as good as lemon butter sauce is on noodles, it's not so good for the waistline, so we won't be eating "like this" as often as Steve (or I) would like!

Dynamite Halibut
This is a recipe I got from allrecipes.com, and can be found here if you would like to give it a try.  It has sesame oil and soy sauce in it, and is supposed to taste like dynamite sushi.  It isn't as good as sushi (what is?) but it is still very good. 

Vegetable Gnocchi Soup
 This one was made up by yours truly.  The truth is, I made a Gnocchi with Sage and Brown Butter Sauce, (recipe, again, courtesy of V.Sattui) which was DIVINE!  Again, with the butter sauce, I know.  Anyway, I mentioned it to my friend, Lisa, and she said she thought it would be good with stewed tomatoes added.  Steve LOVED the original gnocchi, so I made it again, and dished him out a bowl, as he wanted nothing to do with any adulterated version, and then I added a can of tomatoes.  It was okay with the tomatoes, but not nearly as good as the original.  In order to make it into SOMETHING, I added a bag of frozen veggies and some more tomatoes, and ended up with this soup.  It was good.  It was really good.  It just wasn't as good as the original Gnocchi with Sage and Brown Butter Sauce (because butter sauce = YUM!)

Crispy Salmon with Mushroom Orzo and Red Wine Sauce
 This is one I have made before once or twice, but I broke it out again this week.  The recipe is from the Food Network, and you can find it here.  I had to change the recipe a little--used vegetable broth instead of the chicken and beef broth called for in the recipe (I actually had to do that for a few of these recipes) and it turned out really great.  This one is just yummy and classy looking, I think, as well.

Green Pea Pesto

Here is another one from allrecipes.com that I go to quite often.  I just LOVE the green pea pesto, and it is a really easy one to make.  You can find the recipe here
I made this the other night, and on KMXT they were playing "Classics you love to sing along with."  All of a sudden, "Mandy" by Barry Manilow came on, and I made Steve dance with me and I was singing, and Lydia took a video.  I think this video is pretty representative of our relationship on SO MANY levels.


Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kae Loy said...

These meals all look so tasty, I think I would love being a piscaterian, too! Will you please give up being a doctor and just be a cook for your dad and me? Steve could have some, if there were any leftovers! I take it the dance was for your a second-per-day project. So cute and funny!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

YUM!! I want some!! :) Miss you guys!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

That video at the end makes me SO happy. Steve has this mischevious smile, and so many of my good memories of laughing with you guys until I can't breathe have that smile in them....

5:00 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

That video at the end makes me SO happy. Steve has this mischevious smile, and so many of my good memories of laughing with you guys until I can't breathe have that smile in them....

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home