A witch or wizard can extract their own memories or someone else's and store them in the Pensieve and review them later. It also relieves the mind when it becomes flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within.
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Um, Oh! Hi.
Updates!
1. I am still a very happy pescetarian. Not even missing meat....much.
spicy tuna, roe, and tempura in an avocado. Brilliant!!
2. I am still running(ish). I had dreams of getting good enough to run a half-marathon this fall, but that's just not going to happen. Just hitting 3 miles still seems to be about all I can do. 3.5 to 4, and I'm definitely finished. I'm not sure how to break through. Any recommendations? I'd still like to try and to a 10K this fall if I can get there. 3. I am still quilting. Wanna see what I've done since I last gave you a quilting update? Great!
At my last update, I had just done a couple of blocks for this one. My "Bee Mates" each also did two blocks, and I put them all together to make this fun lap quilt.
This is the back of the birdhouse quilt. I am going to have it quilted with bees in the quilting pattern, since I made it with my "Bee Mates," and I am going to name it, "The Birds & The Bees."
This is a set of 4 blocks that I did for one of my mates, Martha, for her quilt. The pattern is called "Metropolis"
This is another baby quilt that I made for one of the gals that works in my clinic. It is finished now, but I don't have a picture of the finished product on my computer yet. This is the piecing.
These are the stars for Danae's "Stars and Geese" quilt. She wants a bigger quilt than the pattern makes, so I will need to make more stars, and then they are all bordered by geese as well. I think this one is so bright and fun!
The finished "Stars and Geese" quilt will look something like this, though about twice the size!
4. Chicken update: Emma, the Dashwoods, and the Bennets have become "My Old Ladies." Of My Old Ladies, only Emma and Marianne are left, and Marianne must have a little arthritis, because she limps around now. I gave away the Price Girls (Fanny and Penny) because they were picking on Adam too much, and I was afraid that they were going to kill him. Wes says that was the day that my chickens went from being livestock to being pets, as I gave away the only two consistent layers. The truth is, they became pets the day they all got separate names. I'm no good at being a farmer. Adam has gotten so pretty, and I think I'm actually going to put him and Emma both in the fair this year and see if I can win a purple ribbon. I also have some new chickens. There are 3 Golden Polish chickens (collectively named "Mark" for Mark Kanemura) and 8 Rhode Island Reds (collectively named Patty, for my red-headed mother-in-law). The hope is that I will not get AS attached to each one if they all have the same name. We'll see how that goes. Pictures? Yes, please!
Emma and Adam are on the left, and the new Marks are all on the perch. Pattys everywhere else.
Lizzy, the white chicken, is no longer with us.
One of the Marks up on a perch. Isn't (s)he so cute?
Mark Kanemura. I suppose not the best picture to show you why I named the chickens after him, but it is my favorite picture of him.....um, oh! Hi. Where was I?
Love your quilts! Can't wait to see Danae's quilt finished. It is so bright and beautiful. Would even be willing to help you finish it! Love that you named one The Birds and the Bees! I think the Mark chickens look JUST LIKE Mark! But, of course, Adam is THE BEST ONE! The stuffed avocado sounds delicious, except for the "spicy" part of the spicy tuna. Thanks for updating your blog and LETTING ME KNOW YOU DID IT!
I am SO impressed with your quilts!!! The one with the bird houses is so amazing! All those colorful little houses make me smile! Thanks for posting pictures of them. It's fun hearing about them, but wow, seeing them really shows how much time and dedication and love goes into making them!!!
Allison, you're starting to remind me of Grandma Turner! All your quilts... just like Grandma! I CANNOT wait to see my finished quilt. I know it's going to be amazing. Also, love the chickens!!! As we discssed, the house behind me in West Bountiful would have plety of room for your chickens. :) Love ya!
4 Comments:
Love your quilts! Can't wait to see Danae's quilt finished. It is so bright and beautiful. Would even be willing to help you finish it! Love that you named one The Birds and the Bees! I think the Mark chickens look JUST LIKE Mark! But, of course, Adam is THE BEST ONE! The stuffed avocado sounds delicious, except for the "spicy" part of the spicy tuna. Thanks for updating your blog and LETTING ME KNOW YOU DID IT!
Sounds like you've been super busy. Awesome updates!
I am SO impressed with your quilts!!! The one with the bird houses is so amazing! All those colorful little houses make me smile! Thanks for posting pictures of them. It's fun hearing about them, but wow, seeing them really shows how much time and dedication and love goes into making them!!!
Allison, you're starting to remind me of Grandma Turner! All your quilts... just like Grandma! I CANNOT wait to see my finished quilt. I know it's going to be amazing. Also, love the chickens!!! As we discssed, the house behind me in West Bountiful would have plety of room for your chickens. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home