Saturday, January 26, 2013

Scout!

Right before our Mexico trip, Steve and I decided we wanted to get another dog.  Many factors went into the decision, and I have many criteria for what kind of dog would be acceptable as well.  I didn't think I'd find one very quickly, but the weekend before our trip, I was on a facebook site called Swip-Swap of Kodiak (Kodiak's version of KSL classifieds or Craig's List) and someone had posted a picture of this sweet dog named Roxy: 


The couple was giving her away free to a good home.  She's 2 years old, has some training, and was, by all accounts very sweet.  They got her so that they could "learn how to take care of something before we had a baby."  Now they're having a baby in March, and so they don't have any use for her anymore.  Personally, I think that is one of the dumbest reasons to get and then get rid of a pet that I have ever heard.  Their loss, however, is my gain. 
We went to see Roxy before our trip, and even took Copper with us to see if they got along okay.  They did.  I then told the couple that we would love to take her, and that I would come back for her after we got back from Mexico.  In fact, in the last day or two of our Mexico trip, she was one of the things I used in my head to keep me from getting too sad about having to come back home.  "It will be great to go home and get Roxy."

Now, for the record.  I don't like the name Roxy.  I think it's an overused dog name, and I just don't care for it.  To my delight, when we picked her up, Roxy's old owners gave us a folder with her medical records, and in her records I saw that she had owners before them, and that her records from those owners said her name was Scout. 

So, presenting.....Scout: The Destroyer of All Dog Toys and Squeakers!





She's wonderful, and I'm very happy to have her in our family now. 
Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

How cute is that last picture of Scout and Copper cuddling! I sure wish I could come visit and pet your dogs. :)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home