Floss is Your Friend
For Steve and I, March has become the "Get-er-Done" month for our health care. We got our vision checked a few weeks ago, and this week we've got a slew of appointments including the dentist appointment from which I just returned home. I haven't been to the dentist in 2 years, so I knew it wouldn't be pretty, but I wasn't completely prepared for the news that I have 4 new cavaties. I've never had good luck with my teeth--ask my Mom--I could brush 4 times a day and still end up with cavaties. Well, it is particularly true in this case, since every one of the cavities is BETWEEN my teeth, where a toothbrush could never ever hope to reach. The dentist looked at me and said, "Floss is your friend."
I've never been much of a flosser, and my last dentist told me that it was fine if I flossed once a week or so, which is exactly what I've been doing, but it turns out my last dentist was wrong, and I've got 4 new cavaties to prove it.
Lame.


5 Comments:
Allison, I blame myself for the bad luck you have had all your life with your teeth. I was supposed to get some kind of floride stuff to give you when you were a baby so your teeth would come in healthy and strong. But there was simply no money for it. Out of all my children, you have been the most careful and consciencious tooth-brusher. Maybe you would feel better if you thought about all the cavities you would have had, but didn't!
As for the floss issue, I have become a flossing maniac. I have it in my car and I floss my teeth whenever I am stopped in traffic. (Can you imagine what people think when they glance my way?) I also take floss with me to the theater and floss in the dark during the movie. (Another great visual if someone were watching) That was especially useful when I was eating popcorn. I am not eating popcorn anymore, but the addiction persists. So I know you can get into the habit. Indeed, floss is your friend!
Allie, I am with you on this one. I brush my teeth all of the time and I still get cavities. But, at least you only have four. I remember when Geoff and I would go and we each would have 7,8,9... it sucked!! That is why mom and dad tried to pay us $100 dollars to not get cavaties, but that didn't work either.
THE SECRET TO FLOSSING...
Allie, I too, HATE flossing. But, I have found that if you guy the little thing that looks like a toothbrush, but instead of the bristled end has the attachment for floss, I use it almost daily. They little floss part is detachable, so whenever you need a new piece, you snap it on and voila! You don't have to go through pulling out a huge piece, sticking your hands in your mouth, etc. It works! Go buy it!!
Sorry about all my typos...
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home