Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mourning the Loss of Perfect Vision

I went to get my eyes checked on Friday, and it turns out my 20/20 vision is a thing of the past. I'm now nearsighted. It comes, of course, from reading books and computer screens all day. My driving vision, especially at night is not what it used to be (as some of you who have driven with me lately may have suspected) and if I have to look at a projector screen in the classroom, it is readable, but blurry. So, I had to get some glasses--just for driving and classroom settings.

I believe my dad has nearsightedness as well. I know that his vision went bad when he was in law school. I now understand how he could have gotten on the freeway and driven 7 hours in the wrong direction--he couldn't see the signs!

Anyway, here I am, in my early-late-twenties, and already things are starting to fall apart. Anyone else think this aging thing sucks?

3 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

For absolute sure the aging thing sucks!! Not only that, but wait until you get pregnant. Your whole body changes and it's been freaking me out. My boobs are big enough as it is, for crying out loud, without having to add additional weight for the next 8 months!!

My eyes are also getting to the point where I can only see things up close. That's the life of a legal secretary, I suppose. My career, however, will continue. I am thinking, though, that all of the medical malpractice cases that arise because sponges are left in someone's chest cavity may have to do with your current circumstances. So, let's learn from this and make sure that your nurses all have perfect vision, and that THEY are the ones who do your sponge count. :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

It okay, Allie. Danae is the Driving Diva. You can still claim the title of Domestic Goddess though. :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

What is really sad is when you hit 50 and can't see close OR far away. Then it's time for laser surgery.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home