Lists
Five things that have bugged me lately:
1- My aerobics instructor has an "Enya" cd that she plays when we're stretching, and the entire CD has songs by Enya, but its not Enya singing--its an Enya cover cd. What the hell is the point of that?
2- A patient in the surgery clinic yesterday asked me to run make a copy of something for her, and she waved her hand at me as if to say, "You're dismissed." I'm a medical student, and I'm here to learn from the doctor, not to be your little errand girl, chickie.
3- The same patient informed the doctor that she cannot have her surgery during the full moon, nor can she have the surgery done while Mercury is retrograde. Her personal cosmic energy is strongest in the mornings, so she definately needs to have her surgery done before noon. She's done her numbers and her charts, and she has written down the three best dates that work for her. She's also read up on the doctor's numerology, and she's certain that he's the one to do her surgery. Now, this is how she's always done it, and all of her surgeries have gone well. The skill of the surgeons had NOTHING to do with that, people. She's only alive today after being butchered by those physicians because she read her star-chart first.
4- One of the doctors in the clinic this week asked me to go into a room and get the patient's history. As I tried to ask questions, they just kept saying, "It's in the chart." They seemed really put-out that I was asking them questions when they'd obviously filled out the paper work already. "Can't this damn medical student read?!" I left the room, somewhat defeated, and told the doctor that the patient and her family didn't want to answer my questions. The doctor and I then went in together, and he asked one question, "What brings you in today?" (This is the exact same question I asked when I first went in). Did they say, "It's in the chart" to the doctor, NO! The patient and her family didn't stop talking for the next hour!
5- I bought some new dress pants for rotations (ordered on the internet) and they came yesterday. Even though they're all the same size, and they're all from the same company, two pair fit, and two pair are WAY too tight. I HATE that.
5 Things that have made me happy lately:
1- Plan B is now available OTC for women over the age of 18. I'm not planning on needing to use it, but I'm very happy that we're taking another step out of the dark ages for womens rights.
2- Paramount pictures has cancelled their contract with Tom Cruize. Tom Cruize is lame, and he sucks. It makes me feel like my opinion is more valid now that Paramount officially thinks he's lame too.
3- The new Liel CD that Ronja brought back from Germany for me is AWESOME. I can't stop listening to it!
4- Steve officially got his much-deserved raise last week. Yay!
5- Whenever I think about getting to come home this weekend, I get really really happy. I'm so excited, and I've been SO PATIENT!!


3 Comments:
LMAO!! Allie, you are so funny! Those things would really piss me off too. And I can't wait to see you when you come home this weekend. Congratulate Steve for me! He really deserved that raise and it is about time that he got it! Don't forget out Liel CD's please!! :)
I wonder what your psycho patient thinks of Pluto being demoted to a dwarf planet. I hear it has really thrown off astrological readings.
LOL. Oh my goodness! Poor Allison! Welcome to my life. I am everyone's errand girl, babysitter, financial planner, etc. Being a secretary is basically being a Nanny and entails a lot of hand-holding. :)
I have to give you the same props I gave Chelsee. I could NEVER work in Customer Service, and being a doctor is even worse! You deal with other people and their crap all day every day... and their sick people too! (Chelsee's type seem to be the sick-in-the-head type, but you get EVERYTHING.) You guys are WAY more patient then I could ever be. I cannot handle stupid people!
Post a Comment
<< Home