Sunday, August 20, 2006

Suture Practice

Dr I. told me I needed to practice my stitching, so I was given some expired sutures, and two pairs of old needle-drivers. I didn't want to go to the asian market to buy pigs feet to practice on, and I heard that you could use banana peels, so....



I don't know if I have a future in surgery or not (probably not), but the banana peel is expected to make a full recovery. I'm also confident that I can always fall back on hand-stitched baseballs as a profession if I needed to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chelsee said...

LOL! I am glad to hear that the banana is going to be okay. :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Pretty impressive.

You can stitch me up the next time I get stabbed!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

Good work, Allie. Keep practicing because if Kameryn grows up to be anything like me, we'll need your suturing services every couple years!!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

Yuck, yuck, YUCK! Just looking at those instruments and that poor banana makes me want to curl up and die. :(

10:14 AM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

Lovely stitching, considering the subject. I have some pants you could hem. (Not really, but if I did I would know who to call.) Have you ever considered becoming a seamstress if you can't be a doctor?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home