Sunday, August 06, 2006

School and Such...

Good news! I passed my USMLE! This was the MD board exam that I took in July. I still haven't received my score for the COMLEX, but I'm very happy to have passed the USMLE. This helps keep my options open--I can get a DO residency (assuming I pass the COMLEX) or an MD residency (since I passed the USMLE).

I also started rotations this week, and so far it has been a pretty good experience. The first couple of days were all about taking care of a lot of paper work for all of the hospitals that I will be rotating through, and some of that has been a bit frustrating, but when I have been able to interact with patients and spend time listening to and learning from the doctors that I am with, it has been a really good expereince. The doctors that I have met in the surgery group with which I'm rotating have all been very kind, and I have a pretty open schedule with them, so I can pick and choose where I want to be and what I want to do, which is a little scary because I'm used to having every hour of my life pretty much planned out for me, but it is also really nice because I can choose what I want.

I would like to share more details about my experiences in the rotations, but I suppose I need to find out first how much I can say without breaching any patient confidentiality laws--I don't want to get DOOCED!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

Hoo-ray!! We all KNEW you would pass your test! I am very excited for you and so, so proud! :)

So was there any purpose to your test other than to say you now have the option for which residency you want, a DO or an MD? Do you have any desire to do the MD?

I'm glad your doctors are nice and that you're liking everything so far - well, almost everything. Kjersti told me you've been working with burn victims, and that would be SO HARD! If it were me, though, I would want you for my doctor. You are very compassionate and caring, and I would think that someone in their position would really appreciate that.

LOVE YOU!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that passing this test helps you be able to come home faster! I miss you so much! I love you!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

I am very happy for you and proud of you. You have worked hard and deserve to do well on those tests. I know you will be a favorite doctor (or med student) for every patient you have. I love you. Great work!

2:55 PM  
Blogger -Wes- said...

I saw how hard you studied. We all knew you had the ability. You've believed in yourself all the way, even when you had doubts and saw the bottom line. We are all cheering you from afar. Go Allie! Be the best docter there is! You can. You can.

I am really curious what branck of medicine you end up practicing.

7:21 PM  
Blogger -Wes- said...

Whoa..branch of medicine. I was typing fast.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home