Sites I Like to Visit
Besides obsessively checking the blogs of my friends and family (and, of course dooce, but she's like a friend, isn't she?) every day, there are a few other sites that I go to often. I wanted to share them with you so that you can check them out too.
I go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites every day and click on the icon to fund free mamograms for underprivelaged women. Prevention is the best cure, and early detection is the best prevention. (Now if only someone could invent an early detection mechansim that wasn't so damn painful!)
I go to www.postsecret.com a lot. I love the idea of giving people an outlet--a way to tell their deepest darkest secrets to the world--and I hope it helps them heal. I love to read the post cards, which are changed every sunday. Some are funny, some are haunting. There's two this week that could have been written by two of my friends! (Although they weren't.)
One of my new favorite sites is www.one.org . This site is awesome--check it out, and sign the petition if it is something you believe in. I just bought a 10-pack of their bracelets, so if anyone wants one, let me know.
I don't visit as often, but I am a big fan of the J.K. Rowling official site. I keep hoping she'll post something about how she has received inquiries from a few straw-for-brains muggles, but wants us all to rest assured that Harry Potter is not the final Horcrux. http://www.jkrowling.com
I hope you like these sites as much as I do.
Back to studying now.
Cheers!


4 Comments:
I went to PostSecrets.com this morning at work and a picture of a naked man and woman came up on my screen. Luckily no one was walking by at the time, but it would have looked bad if someone else had seen it. I just thought, "I better check out this site at home." :)
ummmmmm....yeah....I've never seen a naked post card on there before, but I did see that one on Sunday. Steve was like, "What are you looking at???"
Sorry, I should have warned you that that was the first card this week!
As to the horcrux thing...if Harry is the embodied of part of Voldemort's soul/mortality it seems unlikely V would have been trying to kill H all these years. Just a thought....:)
I totally agree with you on that one, Sarah, but I've got a strw-for-brains muggle friend who is convinced that Harry is a horcrux. It seriously gives me nightmares sometimes.
Post a Comment
<< Home