Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lizzy-B

Last week, there was a black widow hanging around (quite literally) in my laundry room, which is outside on the patio. I sprayed her with RAID, and then left the doors to the room open for a couple of days to air it out. On Wednesday last week, I closed the doors.
When Steve and I got home from SLC on Sunday night, I thought I could hear a cat crying, but Steve couldn't hear it, and I figured it was just the whine of the fans. When I got home from the hospital on Monday, I could still hear the cry, and the fans weren't on. Steve and I stepped out onto the patio, and then it was apparant--there was a cat crying in the laundry room. We opened the doors to find a little half-starved black kitty. She had been in there for 5 days!


I called Kerry Jo, because I know that she has rescued kitties before, and she told me to get some kitten milk from a petstore. I got the milk, and gave it to her with some water and a little bit of food. We brought her inside for a little while so she could cool down (its still over 100 degrees here during the daytime).

I don't know if she belongs to anyone or if she is a stray, so Steve and I put her back outside, but we put out a towel for her to lay on and some food and water. We're also going to put up a flier by the mailboxes today with a picture of her. So far, she hasn't left--she's just living on our patio. We've named her Lizzy-B (short for Elizabeth the First as her first name, picked by Steve, and Beatrice as her second name, picked by me).

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Momma said...

We've already talked on the phone about this poor kitty, but thanks for the pictures. She is beautiful and you've told me that she is really sweet, too. You have a good heart to care for her and especially to think that there might be a particular way to do it. I never would have thought to buy kitten milk to give to her first after going so long without food. I would have just given her water and whatever food I had in the house. But you also know I have a tender spot for sweet little kitties, so if you don't find an owner, you are welcome to bring her to Utah to join my clan. We like cats at my house.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

She is definitely a beautiful kitty! She might have an identity crisis at Mom's house with so many other black kitties parading around. Either that or you're just going to once again confuse the heck out of Dakota Kitty... she won't know which black kitty is her friend! (since she's partial to Zepher).

I'm SO glad you guys were able to save her... and that you didn't come home to a poor dead kitty locked in your laundry room. Good job!! And props to Moose for trying to tell you about the stranded kitty!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Wait, are these pictures of Dante or Zepher? I can't tell. J/K. It will be interesting have three black cats. I already have a hard time telling the two we have apart. Poor Dakota. I can see her confusion now.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home