Thursday, September 27, 2007

2 Things of Interest

There are two items of interest to which I'd like to bring your attention:

1) On Thursday last week, my wedding band slipped off of my finger while I was washing my hands in the bathroom in the ER. I picked it up off of the floor and rinsed it off in the sink. A couple of hours later, I noticed that one of the sapphires was missing. I spent about 30 minutes searching for it on the bathroom floor, but couldn't see it. The floor was linoleum with blue speckles and spots, so GOOD LUCK.



I took the ring into the jeweler over the weekend, and they said they could fix it, but it would take 2 weeks for them to get a new sapphire in stock.
On Monday morning, after I used the same bathroom, I just looked at the floor for a minute or two, and I FOUND THE SAPPHIRE.
Now, the cool thing, is that I found the sapphire. The gross thing, is this is a bathroom floor in a hospital upon which a sapphire could lie for 5 days without getting swept or mopped up. Think about that one before you let your kids crawl around on the floor in the hospital.

2) I sent in my applications on Sunday, and as of yesterday I already have 4 invitations for interviews: 1 in Wyoming, 1 in Oregon, and 2 in Utah.

Cheers! =)

8 Comments:

Blogger Ronja said...

Allie, this is great! I hope you find a place you really like!!! Since all of them are rather far from Texas, which some people probably consider a good thing, I will be sad either way and thus do not hope for any particular one.
As for #1 of your post: I kind of expected that outcome... how gross is that! But I also knew you would find the sapphire again! You are just one of those lucky people! Good thing some of it rubs off on me! Love ya, Ronja

7:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray for Allison! Good thing you're a rock star.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

I am very happy for you on both counts. I can't wait to see where you will end up for your residency. I know that an interview does not automatically mean an offer, but I suspect that you will have several offers from which to choose when all is said and done.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

Hip, hip, HOORAY! I'm so excited for you!! I'm also glad you found your sapphire... that totally rocks!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

Good news about finding the sapphire again! What kind of luck is it to lose a sapphire on a floor with blue specks?! Come on now! And as for residencies, come home to Utah, baby!

2:14 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Yay! I can't believe you actually found it! AND: I too hope you end up in Utah...although I'm not currently there...

9:08 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

That would be awesome if you could come back to Utah for good. :) And great job finding your sapphire! I thought I was impressive finding a single negative on the floor of the darkroom, but I think you win, even though that is REALLY gross!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kimba said...

I will never think of hospital floors the same again. :) SO glad you found the sapphire! That's fabulous luck!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home