Friday, October 19, 2007

Dean's Letter

I apologize in advance for being prideful, but I've just got to brag on myself a little bit. I received my Dean's Letter this week, which is the letter that the dean of my school sends to the residency programs to which I've applied. The letter talks about what kind of a student I've been, and what kind of a program my school has. I wanted to share with you the last paragraph of my dean's letter, because it really made me feel like a rockstar! Here's what he wrote:

"I have interacted with many students and residents in my more than 30 years of academic medicine. Allison Hanna stands out as one of the most remarkable students that I’ve had the honor to work with. While there may be students with greater GPAs and class rank, there are far fewer students who combine the intelligence, humanistic qualities, motivation, enthusiasm, sense of humor and professionalism that this young woman possesses. She is humble, has great integrity, is dependable, a good listener and cares about people. Even at this early point in her medical career she has exhibited all of the qualities necessary to become an excellent physician and healthcare provider. I urge you to consider her for your residency program. She will raise the standard for all of us to aspire to."

9 Comments:

Blogger GrogBlog said...

Not telling me anything I didn't already know about Allison. You are an amazing woman and I know you will heal and impact many families in your career. Love you! Proud of you!!!
kerry

11:58 AM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

You ARE a Rockstar!!! I am very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I know you will get a fine residency -- probably any one you want -- not because your dean wrote a good letter, but because everything he said about you is true.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

I'm so endlessly proud of you!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a friend of Mel's and I got goose bumps reading those remarks about you. You are the epitome of the type of person our health care system should be flourishing with. Kudos to you! Any hospital should be proud to have a resident like you.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Allie you kick ass and you're the best one!! Love you! I am really proud of you. :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Ronja said...

Allie, that makes me so happy and proud I got tears rolling down my face! You are awesome and I am glad people in your profession also see that! I am grateful to have you as a friend! I love you!
PS. Keep kicking ass!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was freakin' awesome! Finally the school has done something right!

SSFB

9:12 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

HOO-RAY! What an awesome letter! Definitely NOT something you should ever apologize for bragging about. I'm SO glad that your school is recognizing you for the wonderful person you are! My guess is that you'll have several offers for your Residency and you'll just get to take your pick! GOOD JOB!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

OREGON! OREGON! OREGON!

If/when you come here to interview, give me a call if/when you have time and I'll see if I can meet up with you. (I'm assuming you're looking at Portland???)

Super awesome. Congrats!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home