Monday, October 22, 2007

Five Years

Last weekend was the 5-year anniversary of my first date with Steve. Steve earned points on the first date by not doing the regular old 'dinner and a movie' thing. He took me out on a drive through Provo canyon to see the autumn leaves. While we were driving, there was some little creature--a squirrel or a chipmunk or something--and Steve said, "Don't worry. The only wild animal you have to worry about is me." He meant it to be funny, and to break the ice a little bit, but it didn't work out so well. I just didn't know him well enough to know how funny he is.
After the drive, we went to Red Lobster. I scored points with Steve by ordering a Guinness, and by answering correctly the following questions: Do you like football? (Yes.) What's your team? (Broncos is my #1 and 49ers is my #2.)
Steve kissed me at the doorstep when he dropped me off, and this was my last first kiss.

The last 5 years with Steve have been amazing. He is so easy to love, and I love him more and more as time goes on.

My sister, Chelsee, was willing to take some pictures of us together for our anniversary, and they turned out really well. She is becoming a great photographer.





7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I think that you guys make a cute couple and a great team! Now we just need to get you back up this away so we can do more things together and get to know you better.

NTD

1:07 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

You guys are so so cute! We love having Steve in the family, and I'm so happy for you that you guys loved each other enough to decide to spend your lives together. Great pics!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Ronja said...

Congratulations, beautiful Allison and lovable Steve! I cannot wait to finally see you guys again and for the first time! Waiting for x-mas break!!!!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So today is the 5 year anniversary of the 1st time I passed gas in front of Don... Chelsee can you take some pics for me?

SSFB

PS - Congrats

3:42 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Congratulations on the 5 years! Steve is awesome!

Whoever took those pictures was a genius! :) I was happy to do it Allie, so I am glad that they turned out so well. I am sorry I lost that first roll of film though. :(

Shavonne, if you come up, I would be more than happy to take pictures for you!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I absolutlely love those pictures!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Allie, I updated allpeers, and since then I don't know how to share pictures anymore. If you want to talk me through it, I will share that file of pictures I took of you and Steve.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home