Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008--Year for Change

Sorry to all of my fans for not blogging in over 2 months. It's certainly not that blog-worthy material hasn't been present in my life. I guess I've just felt a little overwhelmed with things, and, just like when I journal, when I blog I want to have a happy ending to report, not a crazy limbo full of speculation, which is pretty much what defines my life these days.

I've been interviewing for residency programs, and so far I'd say that my interviews have gone really well. I think there's a good chance that I'll be able to go where I want to go, and 100% chance that wherever I end up will be fine. I've got a few more interviews to finish up this month, and then the waiting game continues, as I don't find out where I'll match until March.
In the meantime, I've been enjoying some lovely rotations, and have been working hard and learning a lot.

I was able to spend Christmas with my family in UT, which was wonderful, as always. My friend, Ronja, also came to visit UT while I was there, and it was great to see her again. Ronja and I met in a youth hostel in Gettysburg 10 years ago, and we have managed to stay friends across distance and time. I was able to visit her in Germany during my last trip to London (studying Shakespeare with Matheson) and now she's finally been able to experience the slopes in UT.
My friend, Mel, was also in town for her sister's wedding, so I also got to spend some fabulous time with her. Mel and I have been bosom buddies since the age of 12.

I spent New Years Eve as a quiet night at home with my hubby. We cooked dinner together, watched "The Best of the Colbert Report" and just chilled, which was very nice.

For 2008, I have made a few resolutions. Mainly, I want to live a little healthier for myself, and a little greener for my planet. It's important to me to try and live a more balanced lifestyle in as many aspects of my life as I can. 2008 is going to be a year of transition, as I will be graduating from medical school and will be starting a residency somewhere new. I will, once again, be uprooting my hubby and making him find a new job and get used to a new home. It seems, to me, that 2008 is going to be a year of possibility, and I am at once excited and scared for what may come.
One thing I would like to resolve for this year, is to post a blog at least once a week, and some of these are going to special surprise blogs--not confessions, like last year, though there may still be some things that need confessing this year.

There is one thing that I would like to request of you, my readers. I would love it if you would be willing to make me a CD with your all-time favorite songs on it. Your top 18 (or howevermany of your favorite songs will fit on one CD) and send it to me. I want to know what kind of music you love, and if there's a story behind any of the songs, include a letter or note about why the songs mean something to you. You may end up wanting to make a copy for yourself too!

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Momma said...

It was great to have you at home with me for the month of December. I loved having immediate daily reports of how your rotation and interviews were going. And I just enjoyed your company. I can't wait for you to find out where your residency will be and, knowing it will probably be in Utah, where you will be living. Wesley says he is thinking about coming to see us during the summer so he can go to the Shakespearean festival with us. Will that be cool or what?!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Hey Allie! I also enjoyed having you up here even though, once again, the time passed by very quickly. I want you to move back up here so badly!! I love having you around. :) Love you!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Who's B? said...

What I love most is to hear, or even better, see in print you declare your belief that you can get into anywhere you interview. You are a strong and brilliant woman and want you to see that too.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home