Random Stuff
--I introduced Steve to Annie's Mac & Cheese this weekend, which is, by the way, the best mac & cheese out there. MyAmanda is the one who introduced it to me. Getting Steve to try it is something I never really planned to do, because Annie's is like $2.50 a box normally, but at Costco last weekend we found a case of 15 boxes for $14.something, which made it like $.89 a box, which is cheaper than Kraft, so how could we not go for that? I don't think he'll ever want to go back to Kraft now--not even "Thick and Creamy," so he's corrupted, for better or worse.
--I've gone a couple of times to a Zumba class with SSFB. It's on Friday nights from 8:00 - 9:00, and it's basically all about working up a sweat by shaking your booty and boobies. It's fun, but I feel like an awkward chicken. I've never been very good at shaking my junk, and it's so apparent in that class.
--I've been trying so many great new recipes. I really enjoy cooking--I feel like it's a release--a great way to "work off" whatever stress I am holding on to from the day, and there's a sort of instant gratification that I get from making something and then being able to eat it, and when whatever I've made also ends up being amazingly delicious? WOW! I love it.
--My rotation this month has been pretty good. Dr C started out being pretty tough, and I thought I wasn't going to like it very much, but as the month has gone on and we've gotten to know each other better, it's become a lot of fun (along with the hard work). I'd say that 90% of the time Dr C is pretty cool, and 10% of the time, he's a jerk. I'd say the majority of the 'jerk time' is aimed at me, and it seems like it's usually at the hospital, when he has an audience and wants to look smart or cool in front of other people by trying to make me look or feel stupid. It kinda bugs me, but whatever. Most of the time he's nice, and we get along really well. 90% of the time I feel like we're colleagues--friends even--but I think that's why it bugs me when he puts me in my place--I feel sort of betrayed, like, "But...I thought we were friends..."
Early this week though, he found an even more pathetic whipping boy than me--a poor little nursing student. On Monday, he quizzed her on the stages of labor, and when she didn't know anything about them, he explained it to her. Not too mean, but he intimidated the crap out of her. On Thursday, we were going to deliver a woman in labor, and the student was supposed to be in on the delivery with us. Dr C said, "Sure you can do the delivery with us--What are the stages of Labor?" She didn't know. She didn't know any of it--even after he had explained it to her just a few days earlier. He tried to talk her through it a little bit--like if he started explaining a few points it would spark her memory, but she was seriously clueless. He finally became so frustrated with her, he kind of yelled something in Chinese. She asked him, "What does that mean?" with a nervous look on her face, and he answered, "Rotten wood cannot be carved!" and stormed out of the hospital. She seriously looked like she was going to cry, and he was so mad! When we came back a couple hours later for the delivery, there was a different nursing student in the room. The other one was nowhere to be seen.
--Steve and I watched the movie "Once" tonight, and I really liked it. For all intents and purposes, it's a musical, but it doesn't come off that way--you've just got to see it to see what I mean. The music in it is indie rock, and it's really wonderful. I used the i-tunes gift card that Steve gave me for V-day to download the soundtrack.
--That's all for now, I guess. Cheers!


6 Comments:
oh, I love the Once soundtrack! I used my Christmas gift card to download it!
I forgot that I wanted to download that until the song just won the Oscar and I spent much time yesterday listening to it off of youtube. :) I like cooking too. Glad things are going (mostly) well.
I beg to differ about the booty shaking, and the boobie shaking cannot be helped you just have to work with what you got! I like that we just go there knowing we're gong to have a good time feeling a little goofy but still working up a sweat.
I love that you love to cook, especially when I'm invited to dinner. The Halibut on Sat was terrific!
Ya win some you loose some on rotations...and its sounds like it is his problem, not yours.
SSFB
I always enjoy reading your blogs. I am glad when you find time to write and I just like knowing what you are thinking and what is going on in your world. Your doctor sounds like a jerk and I feel bad for the nursing student. Working around someone like that would make everything I knew instantly disappear from my head, too. I hope she comes back and doesn't let his temper ruin her career.
I love that in your blogs you write how you talk, so I can hear your voice in them. Like when you said, "But I thought we were friends." I can totally hear you saying that! I am glad that most of the time you get along with your doctor. Sorry that I am always calling you with SVU when you are trying to study. :( Thanks for always listening to me when I am scared though. I am coming down in 12 days! Aren't yo uso excited?!? :)
I only have to call doctors and they scare the crap out of me... I cannot imagine working with one and actually trying to understand all the magnificent things they have learned in school and through their years of experience. Cheers to you for keeping up with them!
Post a Comment
<< Home