Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kudos to Kjersti!

Fact: It cannot be denied that Kjersti freakin' rocks.
The rest of this blog may simply be my opinion, but that is the fact.



I think that in general, our family is pretty funny and witty, but Kjersti is, by far, the funniest and wittiest. Let's face it, she's freaking hilarious. I remember when some of us were up at that one self-empowerment training at that one ski resort that one summer, and we were doing that one visualization experience where you were supposed to pretend you were dying soon, and you were imagining that the 10 most important people (or whatever number it was) in your life were coming to visit you for the last time. I remember that most of the people in the room were crying, but in my visualization, Kjersti had just come to visit me, and I was laughing my ass off. That's how it would be in real life, too, I think. If I was in a bed dying, Kjersti would still be able to make me laugh myself sick.






Kjersti has so many talents and so much potential that sometimes I get a little bit jealous of how awesome she is. I remember when Kjersti just seemed to be plugged in to the poetry outlet, and was writing really amazing poems almost every day. She has always also been a very decent photographer, a skill I'm sure is coming in handy now that she takes pictures of people's bones as an X-ray tech extraordinare at the doctors office where she also works as MA extraordinare. Kjersti is one of those people who really could do anything she set her mind to do. She's hard working and determined and smart and talented. She pretty much rocks.



Kjersti is one of my best friends. We get along really well, and like a lot of the same things, which rocks. We used to drive around in the car listening to music for hours (that was back when gas was like $.99 a gallon). She even blew out the speakers of my first car by turning the stereo up WAY too loud. I've also been able to go to a few musicals with Kjersti, which has been a ton of fun. I tricked her one year by telling her that all the tickets to Jekyll and Hyde were sold out (and they really were all sold out when I told her, but luckily I had already gotten tickets like a month before that) and when she found the ticket inside the Nina Simone CD I gave her for Christmas that year, she started crying. It was priceless.
Don't get me wrong, Kjersti and I disagree on a few things, like the talent (or lack thereof) of Brittney Spears and whether or not Wes should have thrown her Spice Girls tape out the window (he should have, and I'm glad he did), but I think we also have tons of respect for each other, and that makes it easy for us to agree to disagree.


Anyway, Kjersti rocks, and I hope she has a freaking awesome birthday today.
I love you, Scarlett.
Happy Birthday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chelsee said...

CUTE!! Happy Birthday Kjersti! I agree with Allie that you totally rock!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

That pretty much sums it up. I have never known anyone else who can say three words and have everyone in stitches instantly. And this ability just came out of nowhere one day when, up until then, she had just been this quiet kid who never said anything. From then on, she was the cutest and cleverest thing ever! Hope you had a good birthday, Kjersti.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

Thank you so much, Allison! I think this is one of the nicest things I have ever read, and it means so much coming from you, someone I admire so much!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Hey Allie! Congrats on the match, that's going to be so much fun! Good luck finding your home!

And I have to agree, Kjersti pretty much is the best person ever. I've been so lucky!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home