Wahoo for Wes!!!
I just wanted to take a minute to tell everyone how awesome Wes is, and how much I love him. Here are some of my memories of and reflections on Wes.

Being only 16 months apart in age, Wes and I have always been really close, and were best buds growing up. I'm sure that we had our fights, but I honestly can't remember many of them! I remember when we used to pretend that we were teaching an art class on TV, and we would have our crayons and coloring books out, and we would talk about the art techniques we were using as we colored. It was a game that we played quite a few times. I even remember when we had our "last episode." We were playing at Grandma Turner's house.

I have always looked up to Wes--since he is the older and wiser one--and have always really valued his thoughts and opinions. I remember when I was taking organic chemistry in college, and I didn't understand a concept, and I thought to myself, "Well, I'll just have to ask Wes." It took me a while to realize that Wes didn't take organic chemistry in college, and it was the first time in my life that I realized I couldn't always rely on him or turn to him for help for everything. That said, I know to this day that Wes would be there for me if I needed him, and he would do anything he could to help me. Also, to this day, I value and respect his thoughts and opinions. I many ways I seek his approval, and hope I don't ever disappoint him.

It was AMAZING this year to visit Wes in Kodiak and see him living in his element. He has really built himself a home there, and he seems to be an integral part of the community. He works for the paper, participates on a softball team, volunteers for the NPR station, gets requests to sing at open0-mic night at the local sushi restaurant, and acts in the musicals and plays that are produced in the community--just to name the few things I got to see him do! I really admire Wes for being the type of person who can pick up and move anywhere and make it a home. I am so glad that I was able to visit him and reconnect. When I was there, I got to see so many sides of Wes, and I feel like I know him better than I ever did. That means the world to me.
I am currently reading Wes' favorite book, "Tripmaster Monkey." It is my goal to have it finished by the end of the month. I have enjoyed reading it, because it gives me just a little more insight into Wes and what makes him tick.

So, Wahoo for Wes!!! He has always been a good brother, and I great friend. I am so lucky to have him in my life, and I love his guts!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!!! I love you.


6 Comments:
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Yeah for Wes!!!
Wes is cool. He always put some extra shine on little ol' Weber State.
Happy birthday Wes! How does it feel?
Happy Birthday Wes!! Allie, I loved those pictures!! I don't think that I have seen most of them before. And I LOVE that video!! It brings back a lot of good memories about Wesley. :)
Tag....
You have been tagged to write a six word memoir. You can read mine and see the rules here.
Hey Wes! Happy Birthday!! Sorry again for calling a day late! I hope you got my message! Also, it's not too late to send a present, so if there is anything you're itching for, let me know and I'll send it your way! :)
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment
<< Home