Three Things I Love About Autumn
1. There's that chill in the air that makes me crave the hot drinks (we have established previously that I am a hot drink whore) and especially special for autumn: pumpkin spice latte (or, as 'the pod' makes it "pumpkin pie white mocha"). I am a fan, really of pumpkin in general, so pumpkin combined with a hot drink is like a match made in heaven!

2. MyAmanda said the other day that one of the best things about autumn is that you get to see the true colors of the trees. I quite agree. Here is a shot of my back yard, and also one that Sab sent me:
3. This kinda goes along with the pumpkin stuff, but I just love all of the fruits and vegetables that are in season at this time of year. I have a 'golden delicious' apple tree in my yard, that bore her fruit to the point of breaking branches. The apples have been so sweet and crisp. One of the apples we picked became our "halloween apple." You'll see what I mean:
And to add a little geekiness, a number of my journal-worthy guests have flown south, and the Juncos have arrived. To me they are the herald that autumn has officially started:

Cheers!


2 Comments:
I say that what you say is what I say! Just the picture of that hot pumpkin drink followed by the picture of your yard makes me so happy! Fall is my very favorite season!
Hooray for hot drinks (hot chocolate for me) on cool days! The pictures of the trees all different colors totally rocked! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home