I saw some bears this weekend! Don't laugh too hard at my pictures--I wasn't expecting to see bears, as we were just going to get lunch, so I didn't have a decent camera. All I had was my phone. Anyway, here they are:
First we saw these two. (Yes, those 2 tiny little dots on the edge of the grass and the water are bears). I promise, they were closer than they look in the pictures, though not so close that my mother needed to worry. =)

The entire time we were at lunch, I wanted to go back and see the bears better, especially since my pictures (just like the one above) just didn't even really show them. So NOT blog-worthy, you know? So Wes went back with me, and we got to see the bears a little closer. (Still not so close as to be close enough to make our mother worry).

The big spot on the right side of the picture is NOT a bear, it's a rock (and that rock's not a bear, no no no no no!) The smaller dot near the center of the picture is a bear's head poking up from the tall grass.

You can see two of the three bears in this picture. One, easily viewed in the sandy part, and the other to the right in the grass. They are pretty hard to see in the grass when they aren't standing up on their hind legs, because the grass is so tall! So, we didn't even see the third bear until he popped his head up by the tree on the right in the above picture (you'll see the bear in the picture below).
The three bears then joined up, looking for trouble (okay, they were really just looking for fish, and for a little play-time with each other).
Now, see where those two people are standing in the above picture? Now they weren't so close that their mother should worry, were they? No. I thought not. That's why in the next picture, Wes and I are standing right about there. =)

So, there are my three bears. What a happy story, eh?
Cheers!
5 Comments:
You be careful bear hunting girl! What a fun thing to be able to see! :)
Bears? I don't see no stinkin' bears! Hahaha. My computer was too dark to see anything, I'll try again at home... but good job spotting them and getting some pics so you had an awesome blog to post!! ;)
So, I think that if the bears were so far away that one could not easily make them out in the first picture, then were about in the middle of the second picture and then were in the foreground of the third picture, a mother would be right to worry. But I should also remind you that there are members of our family who could get attacked by bears and there are others in the family who could never get attacked by bears, and the part of the family who live in Alaska are in a high probability zone. So, a mother might find some understanding and empathy if she did worry about bears, even though she could not see them in the pictures. And that's all I have to say about that.
I think there's a higher probability of seeing bears in the clouds of those pictures. The last couple of them you could see them, but the first ones...they need to be magnified.
I couldn't see any bears either, but I love mom's comment that she needs some understanding and empathy if she worries about bears! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home