Geek Journal Update: August House Birds
Here are the birds that we have seen so far at the August House.
red breasted nuthatch(These little guys LOVE sunflower seeds)
black capped chickadee
kinglet(These little guys are fast, so I don't know for sure which kind we have yet. I think they are ruby crowned kinglets, which are like the one pictured above, but they might be golden crowned kinglets. I'll keep you updated!)
orange crowned warbler
And, our new addition, just this morning:red crossbill
Cheers!






7 Comments:
I think I saw a house wren while half way up a cliff this week and was going to search for a picture to show you! The one I saw was very pretty and had the happiest chirp.
The crossbill looks crazy. Wish I saw that one with you. All these birds are very pretty Allie. Nice to have these geek journal updates.
How delightful!
I am so envious of all the beautiful birds you get to see. I told you about having to give up feeding the birds on my patio because of all the mice that also showed up to annoy the upstairs neighbor. I can't remember if I told you that a windstorm last week blew over my big tree. It split vertically down the trunk and fell on top of my smaller tree, also damaging it and the neighbor's balcony. The HOA manager had to cut down both trees. So now, I only have two stumps in my plain, bare, no-shade patio. Now, not only do I not get to see any birds on my bird feeders, but I also don't get to see any birds in my trees. Life sucks in Utah, and that's all I have to say about that.
Time for you to move up to Kodiak then Mom.
Love all the birds!!
Pretty birds! I'm so sad at Momma's comment, too. Haha. Life doesn't suck in Utah, we just need the Hanna Family extension that is in Alaska to come back! I actually had a dream last night you told me you and Steve were calling it quits up there and you were coming back! It was the best ever!... and then I woke up. *sigh*
Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home