It's A Rainy Day
When it's nice outside, here in Kodiak, you've gotta get out in the sun while it lasts.
When it's raining outside (and you can't go out and play), you don't have to feel guilty about sitting inside and blogging.
Today, it's raining, so here we are, dear internets, snuggled up together with a hot cup of coffee and the warm glow of my macbook screen. Magical.
So, first of all, I'm quite disappointed in everyone's ability to see bears in my previous post's pictures. Did you actually click on the pictures to enlarge them? I'm going to go ahead and do it for you so that you can see that there really are bears there! I'm not crazy!



We are settling in well at August House. I wanted to try and get some good pictures to give you a sort of 'virtual tour' but I don't know how well they really give you a feel for how great the house is. I think it is warm and cozy, and it is a place to which I really love coming home. We have a big beautiful deck on two sides of the house, and I've hung out all of my wind chimes and bird feeders.
The other day a little bird flew into one of the windows and stunned itself. I picked it up off of the ground and held it until it got better. It pooped on my hand before it flew away. Ungrateful.

And the front stairway.
The front room is pretty spare so far, but we've got some shelves, the piano, and some decor. 
This shelf is COMPLETELY full of Teaching Company courses.

This shelf is COMPLETELY full of Teaching Company courses.
I think my bedroom especially is so cozy, with the bare wood slanted ceiling and skylights.
(here are some of the berries that I picked--aren't they pretty?)
Anyway, thanks for checking in, and I hope you enjoy the pictures. (Keep in mind the lesson that you learned from the 3 Bears blogpost--you can click on pictures to enlarge them and see more details. You may want to especially keep that in mind for the picture of the office if you want to see the excellent September pictures of Adam on my calender). =)
Cheers!


7 Comments:
I love your virtual tour, especially the picture of Adam on your calendar! I can't believe we have collected so many Teaching Company courses. We should send them a picture of your bookshelf whenever we get a catalogue that says, "We want you back!" We should show them that we already have everything that they ever recorded! I did eventually see the bears in your last blog when you told me about clicking on the pictures, so I knew you weren't delusional. It is definitely beautiful in Kodiak, even on the rainy days, I bet.
Kodiak is most definitely beautiful. I look outside the window here, and I enjoy just seeing the silhouette of the trees against the dark blue sky at 7:00 am (yeah its starting to get darker) By the way Allie, I think its funny that you re-posted the pictures where the bears are most visible. We said we couldn't see them in the first couple of pictures. I went back and clicked on them though. I saw the bears in EVERY picture. (Happy now? lol)
The house is so cute! It sounds like you are settling in great. Glad to hear that you are happy :)
Yay! I'm so glad it was a rainy day and you couldn't go outside to play so that we got this awesome post! I wanna visit! Your August house totally rocks and I've heard from the boys that they really like it, too!
Love ya!
You, house, and Kodiak are all looking beautiful. Glad you're liking your new home!
WOW! I love your house! Glad the bird that thanked you by pooping in your hand was only stunned! I miss your gutts girl! :)
Alaska looks so beautiful!! I also love your house and your bed spread!! Awesome pictures Allie! Keep them coming! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home