Good Eats, and a Decent DiningTable!
I've tried a few new recipes, which I would like to share:
I found this recipe for French Dip Sandwiches on Pinterest, and as I have never made my own french dip sandwiches, and The-Amazing-Wonder-Steve LOVES french dip sandwiches, AND it was a simple crock-pot recipe, I figured I should give it a try. They were delicious, and really really easy. Really.
![]() | |
| Picture from Pinterest that caught my eye. |
I also had 3 heads of cauliflower that needed to be used, so I used two of them in this Cream of Cauliflower Soup recipe, which was very tasty.
The tarragon MAKES this soup. (Little Momma, you have fresh tarragon in the herb pot closest to the gravel box). This soup would be good with any kind of grilled cheese sandwich, and next time I make it, I would probably make it with this Venetian Panino which is a fancy name for a grilled turkey sandwich with Gruyere and garlic. (I have made it before, and it is great. No picture--sorry.)
The third head of cauliflower went into a Cauliflower and Tofu Masala. I know there are those of you who think you don't like tofu, and maybe you think you don't like Indian food, but I'm telling you, you really must try this! The flavors are so wonderful together, and the tofu is baked first, so it has a different texture than raw tofu.
The one change (and this is really a big change) that I had to make with this recipe, is that I ended up using red curry instead of masala, simply because I could not find masala ANYWHERE on this dang island. The recipe was excellent with the curry, but I would love to try it sometime with masala as well, because I love masala!
I also, at long last, have a "real" dining room table! I bought it from Dr. Arnold, who was leaving the island, and I am so happy that I can start to have actual dinner parties now! My previous dining table was just a little cheap table that I bought at "the mall," and was not big enough or sturdy enough to use for having company over. But now, BEHOLD!
And it has two leaves that can be added as well, so I can really have a number of people over and serve up a nice dinner!
Cheers!



5 Comments:
PS--Little Momma, I have printed out all of these recipes, and am sending them to you!
Remember when you were here and you made new recipes and I got to try them? Yeah. So do I. Those were some good times.
Love the kitchen table. It seems like it would be good for dinner parties with yummy food, or pinocchle, or S-ing!
I wish I knew how to cook like you! I vote you bring your cute new table closer to Utah, so you can share your awesome meals with me! :) Love you!
You are quite the cook! I love that you are always trying new things. Love ya!
You are quite the chef!!I think you need to have a dinner party in Utah and invite me!! Miss you like crazy!!
Post a Comment
<< Home