Sunday, December 29, 2013

Books of 2013

I know I have 2 days left in which to maybe read one more book, but as I'm working on both of those days (10-hour work days) my guess is that what I've read for the year is what I've read for the year.  And so, without further ado, here is the list of my readings for the year (in order of completion):

1. Anne of Avonlea
2. Shadow and Bone
3. Bloody Murder
4. End of Days
5. The Help
6. Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection
7. The Brothers Karamazov
8. Legion
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
10. City of Thieves
11. The Demon Under the Microscope
12. Crime and Punishment
13. Eating Animals
14. The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence has Declined
15. The Sociopath Next Door
16. And The Mountains Echoed
17. New Spring
18. The ABS diet
19. The Prince of Tides
20. Augustus: The Life of Rome's First Emperor
21. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
22. Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help You Find and Keep Love
23. Watership Down
24. The Last Unicorn
25. The Cuckoo's Calling
26. Suspect
27. The Book Thief
28. Possession
29. Heart of Darkness
30. The Hobbit
31. The Fellowship of the Ring
32. The Two Towers
33. The Return of the King
34. Steelheart
35. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
36. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up For Education And Was Shot By The Taliban
37. Boys Adrift
38. The Eye of the World
39. The Passage
40. The Twelve
41. The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Not too shabby, eh?  What have you been reading that you have liked?  I'm ready to dive into 2014!
Next Blogpost: !!Happy Thanksgiving!! (aka, I never posted pictures of my recent trip to Mexico).  
Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kae Loy said...

I think your reading list is very impressive! I know some of these, maybe most of them, you "read" (i.e. "listened to") while doing your piecing and sewing quilts. I loved doing that with you when I lived there. I am glad you had that diversion from your hard, frustrating job. Reading is such a great escape, as is quilting. Together, they are heaven!

7:31 AM  
Blogger -Wes- said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:31 PM  
Blogger -Wes- said...

Dan Simmons
Hyperion+
Fall of Hyperion

Sam Harris
Lying

Kevin Hearne
Hexed
Hounded

Steven Gould
Jumper*

Jack Campbell
The Lost Fleet:
Dauntless+
Fearless+
Courageous+
Valiant+
Relentless+
Victorious+
The Lost Fleet Beyond the Frontier:
Dreadnaught+
Invincible+
Guardian+

Roger Zelazny
Nine Princes in Amber*

Brene Brown
Men, Women and Worthiness

I Thought it was me (but it isn’t):Telling the truth about Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power

Mark Haddon
The Curious Incident of the dog in the Night-time

Brandon Sanderson
Steelheart
The Emperor’s Soul
The Rithmatist
A Memory of Light

John Scalzi
Redshirts+

Peter Clines
14+

Dana Stabenow
A Fatal Thaw

James Stuart Bell
The Spiritual world of the Hobbit*

Ajahn Brahm
Opening the door to your Heart and other Buddhist tales of Happiness

Max Barry
Lexicon

C.S. Friedman
Magister Trilogy:
Feast of Souls
Wings of Wrath
Legacy of Kings

Kurt Vonnegut
If this isn't nice, What is?

Levine, Heller
Attached: The new science of adult attachment

Susannah Cahalan
Brain on Fire: My month of Madness+

David Scott Diffrient
M*A*S*H* Tv Milestones*

Stephen King
Bag of Bones
Guns
Black House

Miyamoto Masashi
The book of five rings

Felix J. Palma
The Map of the Sky+

Chris Stedman
Fathiest: How an Atheist found common ground with the Religious

Veronica Roth
Divergent

Jim Butcher
The Dresden Files:
Storm Front
Fool Moon
Grave Peril
Summer Knight
Death Masks
Blood Rites
Dead Beat
Proven Guilty
White Night
Small Favor
Turn Coat
Changes
Cold Days

Peter Rollins
The Idolatry of God+


* This book was not very good.
+ I really enjoyed this book.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home