Hooray for Danae!
One of the things I would like to do this year is post random blogs about the people--family and friends--in my life that mean a lot to me, and let you all know why I love each one of you. Since today is Danae's birthday, I thought I would start with her.
Here are some of the things I love about Danae:
Danae is amazingly thoughtful and fiercely loyal. She's the first one to send a care package or card, and also the first one into the ring to defend you if someone is talking smack or being mean. She's also incredibly sensitive, so it's important to be thoughtful of her too, or she will be hurt. Danae is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of girl, and you always know where you stand with her, because she'll just tell you to your face how it is. She doesn't play games, and she's never manipulative.
Danae has always been way more cool than me, and way more stylish too. Even though I'm her older sister, I feel like I've looked to her as an example of how I want to be more than I've been an example to her. When we fought as teenagers, it was usually because I was borrowing her clothes too much, because, let's face it, Danae knew what was cute and "in" and I didn't. I think I'm still pretty clueless about that kind of stuff most of the time, but if I follow her lead, I'm gonna be okay.
Danae is very sensible and responsible. She knows what she wants, and she goes for it, and she doesn't stop until she gets it. She's got the tenacity of a bull-dog. She also stands for the things that she believes in, and is happy to let others live the way they want as long as they grant her the same courtesy. She is one of the least-judgmental people I know, and because of that, she hates to be judged.
Danae is always fun to hang out with. She's got a great sense of humor and playfulness about her. She loves to play games, and winning or losing doesn't matter to her, as long as everyone is playing fair and having fun.
Danae has a great little family of her own now, and she's married a man who is as sweet and thoughtful as she is. They make a great pair, and their son is adorable. It's impossible to get over how freakin' cute he is!

I'm really lucky to have Danae as my sister and also as my friend.
I love you, Shanners, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Always,
Allie.


6 Comments:
Oh my gosh, that SO made me want to cry! You are SO cute, Allie. Thank you for all the kind words. Some of it is SO untrue... like me being cool, but hey, I'll take it!
You're the best and I have always looked up to you.
Love you!
Wow, I think you got it right on. Danae IS freaking awesome in all of the ways that you described, and endlessly cool, whether or not she'll admit it!
So Allie, you wanna do a blog about me next? :)
Amen!
DUDE... I was suppose to be the first one! What the HELL?!?!? I guess its cool since Danae is pretty freakin' awesome and all and it doesn't hurt that I was once called "tenacious as a bull dog" in a letter of recommendation from one of my biology professors. I guess since we're so similar in character (especially that stylish thing;) I can deal with not receiving the first of Allie's love letters... but don't eva break another promise to me!
Danae I hope you had a fantabulous birthday... Allie pretty much hit the nail on the head!
Love ya,
SSFB
Those "borrowing clothes" wars went on for years in our house. Beware Kjersti, if you have another girl...
Allison is right about Danae. She is like gold to her Little Momma.
Here here! Love you Danae! And Allie, you're pretty freakin' awesome too, so give yourself some credit!
Post a Comment
<< Home